9

*Colby's POV*

I shifted before I woke up and and opened my eyes. I looked up and blushed when I realised the I had snuggled up to Sam in my sleep. As I sat up, I remembered everything that happened the night before which made me blush even harder. Why the hell did I do that? God I'm so embarrassed! "Colby?" Sam groaned as he slowly opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered as I looked at him. I was still blushing, damn it! I quickly looked away so he wouldn't see my tomato red face.

"Are you ok?" He asked as he sat up and I quickly climbed down the ladder.

"Y-yeah, I'm f-fine." I responded as I stumbled around our tiny room. My foot got caught on something which caused me to trip and hit my face on the wall, just my luck. I fell to the floor with a bang.

"Colby!" I heard Sam quietly squeal because everyone else in our dorm was asleep, well I would be surprised is anyone was still asleep after that big crash I just caused. Sam jumped down and rushed to my side as I sat up. I held my nose because it hurt like hell. Ugh, God! I'm so embarrassed. "Let me look!" Sam demanded in a stern yet caring voice as he knelt down beside me. He grabbed my wrist and gently pulled it away from my face so he could assess the damage that I had done to it by being an absolute idiot. "Oh my God." Sam quietly hissed as he looked at my nose.

"What? Is it bad?" I whimpered, embarrassment showing in my voice.

"Wait here." He said as he stood up and walked over to the cupboard. Is it really that bad? I touched my nose and flinched at the pain. Again, I am the biggest idiot ever. I looked down at my hand to see blood. Great, I've probably split my nose open. Well, at least with all this blood, he won't be able to see me blushing anymore. Sam pulled a first aid box out of the cupboard and walked back over. He sat down next to me and opened the box. "Are you always this clumsy?" He asked jokingly, accompanied by a little giggle. I shyly looked away, embarrassment written all over my face. "I-I didn't m-mean to upset you! I'm sorry." He apologised.

"It's ok." I whispered as I continued looking at the ground. I was used to comments like that. Let's just say when I was a kid, I was popular for being the clumsy school idiot that everyone picked on.

"This may sting." Sam sighed as he got out the medical stuff. I nodded and sighed. I was kinda used to it because my mum would have to clean cuts that the bully use to give me. I flinched as he started cleaning my nose. "Sorry." He whispered.

"It's fine." I whimpered. I kept my eyes on the floor as he wiped all the blood off of my face. 

"Colby?" He whispered as he continued wiping up the blood, there was quite a lot.

"Mhm?" I hummed, too embarrassed to make eye contact.

"What was upsetting you last night? Sometimes it's good to talk to people about the things that are troubling you." He suggested as a tear rolled down my cheek. He put a bandage on my nose and wiped away my tear. I looked up at him and he kept his hand on my cheek. We made eye contact and it was kinda of a beautiful moment, well it was until David started knock on all of the doors in the dorm to wake everyone up for their rounds.

"Wake up ladies! I want all of you downstairs in five minutes!" He shouted which made Sam pull his hand away and I looked back down at the ground.

"Colby, what's wro-"

"We should probably get ready. Don't want to late on my first day." I interrupted, trying to avoid his question as I stood up and went to the cupboard where David said my uniform should be. I heard Sam sigh as he stood up but I didn't look at him. For some reason I was too scared to look at him, probably because I would embarrass myself in some way. 

(I feel like nobody is reading this book :/)

Word count: 739