Wavering Strings

Summary: Bakugou finds his starting line

"Excuse me. May I have your guys attention?"

As if All Might was Moses, his voice cut clean through the murmurs of his students. With slight glances towards the losing pair, Uraraka and Izuku, and wary looks towards Shinsou, and Bakugou, all attention was turned to All Might.

"Good. Now, I am proud of all four of you for the fighting spirit you displayed out there," Izuku cringed while drilling holes into the ground with eyes, and his fists clenched in frustration, "You all did well for your first battle simulation," Bakugou wanted to punch the smile off of All Might's face, but opted to dig his nails deeper into his arms, "And furthermore, though there are some flaws here and there throughout the simulation, do know that this marks the beginnings of becoming a hero!" Uraraka wanted to puke. Not just from using her quirk, but at the word 'Hero.' Shinsou rolled his eyes at the statement.

All Might's smile twitched upon noticing the four students discomfort and froze for a bit. Shit. This wasn't in the teaching for dummies book.

"All Might sensei?"

"Ah- Oh yes. So now that this battle simulation is over, it is now time to analyze it to see where we may improve for the better! So who can tell me who is the MVP of this battle simulation?"

The students debated among themselves and All Might stood there patiently. The murmurs settled down, and Momo was the first to volunteer to answer.

"All Might sir."

"Yes Momo?"

"I believe Shinsou is the MVP of the simulation."

Her response caused outbreak among the students.

"Seriously?" Kirishima exclaimed, "I think the MVP was Midoriya bro-" Jirou quirked an eyebrow, "er- um.. so yeah. It was just so manly how he confronted Bakugou!" He held a fist to his heart while shedding manly man tears.

"Yeah I think the MVP should be Midoriya. He did defeat Bakugou. That must take some total skill!" Sero agreed. Other students nodded along with the statement, though Katsuki clenched his teeth at the word 'defeat.'

Tsuyu was next to voice her opinion. "Well, kero." She said, holding a finger to her chin, "I agree with Momo." The class gasped and Tsuyu was quick to explain himself, "Shinsou strived during this simulation. Bakugou was blinded by his emotions, Midoriya seriously injured himself, becoming useless and Uraraka was caught." Tsuyu made eye contact with a bewildered Shinsou, "In all, Shinsou deserves the title."

"And if I may add on to Asui's-"

"Call me Tsu."

"Tsu's thoughts.." Momo corrected herself. "Shinsou deserves the title of this simulation. From the beginning, despite having an.. Uncooperative partner, he remained level headed and was able to quickly think up a plan of action. He was strategic when setting up the room, making sure there were no blind spots for himself, and the place he hid, up on the ceiling, was an unpredictable spot for his opponents. From there, he was hidden in the shadows and had a birds eye view of the room, allowing him the perfect position to attack and defend. For example, defense against Uraraka because she needs to touch to activate her quirk. Through his actions, it shows he was cautious of his opponents and planned accordingly. He was able to predict his opponent's moves and manipulate them in favor of his quirk. If anything, he took this simulation seriously and not for granted and applied himself to the villain role. Now if he were on the hero's side, I believe he would still succeed to be MVP."

The class fell into silence and stared between Momo and Shinsou who wore a blank face. Though internally he was grateful to Momo's words. Validation felt good.