The Calm Before the Storm

an: Yo! Saltywaifus, you're unreliable author returns! Hope y'all enjoy. Sorry for the long wait. Now please enjoy USJ Part I. (It's a short chapter sry ;/)

========

"So.." Uraraka spun around to face Izuku and Iida, "Why do you guys want to be a hero?"

"Well it's to continue on my family's legacy." Iida proudly announced.

Uraraka hummed. "Really?"

"Why of course. It is my responsibility to contribute to the Tenya name! I want to be just like my brother. He is an excellent hero... Maybe even the best!"

"Even better than All Might?!" Deku exclaimed offended.

"Well- I.."

"Haha! Aren't you a bit biased Iida? I mean yeah he's your brother but sounds like you're playing favorites."

Iida blushed while chopping his arm up and down, "I am most certainly not playing favorites! My brother helps everyone, he's kind, brave, strong, smart.. He has given vigilantes a new life, he's playful with his kid fans. His smile is bright! He's.. I.. I just want to be just like him one day." Iida ended his tangent by shifting his glasses up.

Izuku chuckled. "Sounds like you really look up to your brother."

"I do!"

Uraraka nudged Izuku, "So how about you?"

Izuke stopped walking, to which Iida and Uraraka copied. The two stood there waiting for the greenette's answer. Izuku smiled, "I just really want to help people with a smile."

"WAH!" Uraka bent over holding her stomach much to her two companions alarm.

"URARAKA??"

"PFTHAHAHA!"

"URARAKA!" Iida scolded.

"Is my reason that funny... I mean I guess other heroes do it for popularity and stuff.. But I'm really not like that. I just really want to help people you know? I want to be just like All Might who saves people with a smile. I find it really admirable the things he does. He never gives up and he puts his all into everything he does... I want to be able to give hope to people with my smile.. I want to save people and make them happy and stuff.. I just want to help.." Izuku stood there with his head down. ' Does she also look down on me now? ' he thought to himself gloomy. 'Right when I thought I found people who didn't look down on me..'

Izuku shot his head up in response to the slap on the back he got. When he turned his head to the preparator Uraraka, she was wiping her tears away and smiling at him. "I don't find it funny," she said firmly, "I just it so cute and innocent Pwhaha!"

"WHAT?" Izuku exclaimed flustered. "I'm not cute! Tell her Iida!" he puffed.

"I uh.. Well you're not ugly? So that makes you not cute but not ugly."

Uraraka clutched her gut in laughter. "Oh my god it hurts! HAHAHA!"

Izuku covered his face with his hands. "Oh my gosh..."

Uraraka wiped her tears away and patted Izuku on the head. "Oh don't be like that Deku~ It's not bad to be cute~ But really I'm not looking down on you. It really is quite admirable you know?"

Iida gave a nod of agreement.

Izuku smiled. "So how about you Uraraka?"

"Hmmm... Well to be honest it's for the money."

Silence.

"I know it's not the most admirable.. But I need money to help my parents out... You see, ever since I was a kid, we struggled financially. The construction business my family runs wasn't and still isn't doing so hot because of heroes in a sense. With the rise of heroes and new era of peace, there's less destruction being made which in turn gives us less business.. I know a lower crime rate is good and all but there's a price that comes with it. And I guess my family had to pay for it. But despite this my parents would always work so hard for me. I so badly wanted to help them but I couldn't... And just recently my mom fell ill.. So my dad has been working more just to pay for all the hospital bills, my apartment.. I just really want to return the favor. I don't want them to struggle anymore. I want them to live peacefully. I will do anything just for them... Or something like that.. Hehe" Uraraka rubbed her neck nervously.

"That's very admirable Uraraka."

"Eh? Really Deku? Don't you find it kinda shallow?"

"Not at all," he assured, "You're doing this to help out your family. That in itself is respectable."

"Hmm.. And would you still say that if instead of wanting be a hero I was a villain?" She asked innocently.

"What kind of question is that?" Iida asked confused.

Izuku scratched his chin in thought.

"PFTHAHA!" Uraraka slapped them on the back. "It was just a hypothetical question boys~ Well I gotta go do some lady things. Bye bye."

"Uh yeah bye.." Izuku waved with a slight blush.

Iida and Izuku started walk again until Iida paused.

"What's wrong?"

"Isn't the bathrooms the other way?"

Izuku thought a bit. "I don't know? I'm still not familiar with this place hehe.."

"Hmm I guess.."

Suddenly an alarm rang and red lights started flashing. Students started to push through the hallway and chaos ensued. That was until Iida announced to everyone it was just the press, resulting in calming the crowd. Later when everyone came back to class, Iida was appointed class president and Momo the vice president. Though strangely, to no one's attention, in the background of the congratulations being given to the two, Uraraka looked out the window towards the UA gates in thought.

And that was the calm before the storm.

========

An: I can't say this enough but thank you for all the kudos, favorites, bookmarks, comments,.. Just everything. It makes me happy to know people read this fic (with a sorry excuse of an update schedule). So why haven't I updated? Yeah life is busy, but that didn't play big role to why it took so long to update. Tbh I lost interest in this fic for a bit, but now here I am, back to writing this fanfic with newfound motivation.

Ok so dororo and the promised neverland are like amazing. The promised neverland manga is just wow. Ok. I see you bb. Also, 'I Want to Eat Your Pancreas' was fuckin beautiful like bitch you gotta watch itttttt. The title is weird but it makes sense after watching the movie.