〚7〛

° Alina's POV ° 

I felt happy seeing the smiles on everyone faces as I handed out the gifts. I noticed how some didn't want to receive a gift from him. 

"It's okay." I said. "Soon people will understand that some evil powers can be used for good." I smiled. 

"It's fine, that was the last gift package anyways." He said. 

"Alright get us out of this area, some people are starting to creep me out." Julia said rolling up her window.

After we finished up, we headed over to a Church to help them serve Christmas dinner to the homeless. As we were walking up to the Church Clayton stopped. 

"I can't go in." He sighed. "I'm forbidden here." 

My eyes widened as I looked at him. I could feel how sad he was just by looking at him. 

"Come on." I smiled grabbing his hand. 

I still wondered why he wore gloves. We walked through the doors together. 

"Stay close to me, please." I said. 

He nodded his head as we walked into the back. The dinning hall was filled with people. 

"Alina." A lady walked up to me. "How are you." 

"I'm fine." I smiled. 

"Who is this young fella." She looked up at him. 

"This is Clayton." I smiled. 

"Ooo, your boyfriend." She winked at me. 

"No." I shook my head. 

I leaned close to her. 

"Keep it between us, I do like him, but we're not dating yet." I whispered. 

She smiled patting me on my shoulder. 

"One day." She said as she walked away

"Hurry up you two, I still have to get dinner done for us." My aunt called out. 

We walked over to her and Julia and started helping. 

"You can't fool me devil." This lady looked at Clayton. "I know who you are." 

"Miss keep the line moving you're holding it up." I said arching my brow at her. 

"You'll get sucked into his darkness." She said before walking away. 

I kept feeling like someone was staring at me. I looked around the room but no one caught my eye. Clayton moved closer to me. I looked up at me and smiled. 

"Don't worry, you're safe." He smiled at me. 

I nodded. 

Christmas break went by fast. Next thing I knew I was waking up to my alarm clock. I groaned getting up. I got up an hour earlier. I didn't even need to, after I was fully dressed I went downstairs and watched the news. 

No sights of the pickle man. I closed my eyes. 

I was walking down the street when the pickle man showed up. He killed everyone around me. I couldn't save them. I was frozen in fear. As his eyes locked with mine I could my time was up. He shot this sticky acid stuff from his hand. This black shadow grabbed me using it's body as a shield. It vanished in a black mist taking me with it. 

"Alina." It spoke. "Alina." 

It kept repeating my name. Until I can to my sensed and realized it was Julia waking me up. I rubbed my eyes looking up at her.

"Sir Darkness is waiting in the car." She said. 

I nodded grabbing my bag and phone. I hopped into the passenger seat. 

"You alright?" He looked at me. "You look pale." 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded. 

I leaned my head against the window. Watching the building, trees, and people as we drove by. We stopped at a red light. My eyes widened as I saw blonde haired. He was playing with fire, a tiny ball of fire was moving through his fingers. I gasped as he looked up at me. I turned away from him looking forward. 

"What was that about?" Julia looked out the window. 

"Oo he's cute." Julia eyed him. 

I looked at Clayton who was clinching his jaw shut and gripping his steering wheel tightly. 

"He's okay looking." I said. 

We pulled into schooled and Clayton got out first. I could tell he was mad. I frowned knowing he was hurting. I heard someone whistling and looked to see the same guy. 

"Holy crap." I ran catching up with Julia and Clayton. "Julia, he goes to this school." 

"Who?" She turned around to see him. "Holy crap." 

"Same thing I said." I laughed. 

"Hungry?" Clayton asked us. 

We nodded our heads as we headed for the cafeteria. I stood close to Clayton as girls stared at him. I wanted to tell  them to fuck off, but I couldn't because he isn't mine. I sighed grabbing my food and heading to the table. 

"What's wrong?" Julia asked. 

"Nothing." I replied with a mouth full of pancakes. 

She shook her head knowing I was lying. 

"May I sit here?" The guy from earlier asked. 

"No." Clayton looked at him. "That seat is taken." 

"By who?" I looked at him. 

"You can sit next to me." Julia said. "If you don't wanna get hurt then listen to me. Oh and what's your name and power?" 

He sat next to Julia. Even though he wasn't next to me, he was in front of me. Which made it worse. 

"My name is Eli Moore, my power is fire." He stated. "I can control fire. I can also engulf my body in flames." 

"Sounds cool." Julia said. 

I didn't notice because I was focused on eating but Clayton surely did notice. 

"Put this on." Clayton said taking off his jacket. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Just do it." He gritted. 

"Okay." I said putting his jacket on. 

As I was zipping it up a little bit I could tell why he did it. This shirt was a wee bit revealing. 

"Thank you." I said. 

I got a whiff of his scent from the jacket. He put the sleeve up to my nose smelling it. I looked at him. I leaned closer to him smelling him. 

"You smell good." I smiled. 

"Weirdo." He laughed. 

"But I'm your weirdo so I'm okay with that." I smiled. 

Julia choked on her drink looking up at me. 

"What?" She said. 

"What?" I repeated her. 

"What did you just say?" She said. 

"What did I just say?" I questioned her. 

"Ughh." She rolled her eyes. 

I think I played that off. I can't believe I said that. The bell rang for class and I rushed off, well I tried. Clayton grabbed my hand. 

"We need to talk, after school." He said. 

I nodded. 

⊶❃❃❃⊷

𝕐𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕠𝕕𝕒𝕪'𝕤 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕠𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕠𝕕𝕒𝕪'𝕤 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞.