〚11〛

° Clayton's POV °

I woke up in a daze. I don't remember much just that Alina left me. I looked around. I'm home? How did I get home? 

"You're awake." My mom walked into my room with a smile on her face, that soon faded when she was realized I was back to normal. "I see that didn't last long, you do take after your father." 

"You didn't hurt her did you?" I stood up. 

"No. I wanted to but I didn't." She clinched her jaw shut. 

"I have to go see her." I tried to teleport but I couldn't. "What did you do to me?" 

She laughed out loud throwing her head back. 

"You silly little boy. I finally get you back, you think I'm going to let you leave me?" My mother smiled wickedly. "I cast a spell so that you can't leave." 

She walked to the window. 

"I know that when you came to that you'd return to your regular self." She sighed. "I only wish that you'd just give in." 

"Never." I clinched my jaw shut. 

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way." She looked at me, her eyes pitch black. 

"Do whatever you want to me, you can't break me." I sighed. 

"Oh I will." She vanished leaving me alone in the room. 

I closed my eyes holding back the pain. 

I don't care what happens to me as long as Alina is safe. 

° Alina's POV °

"Come on give me a break." I bent over breathing heavily. 

I've been practicing for hours. She woke me up earlier in the morning and brought me to this run downed dump. 

"Is that what you plan on telling her?" My aunt walked up to me. 

"No, but my body is out of shape I can't...." 

From the corner of my eye I saw it coming. Shards of ice flying at me. No. My aunt? I didn't even think twice. I knew the ice was coming. I waved my hand as the ice turned to water. 

"Still acting out of emotion." He walked over to us. "You have a long to go before you can take her head on." 

"I know that!" I shouted as a gust of wind swept throw the room. "I know I'm not strong enough. I know what I'm getting myself into but I don't care what happens to me as long as I can get him back." 

"You naive girl." He shook his head. "You're playing with darkness here. Evil darkness." 

I closed my eyes. I wanted to snap his neck. If I'm that powerful then I should be able to control anything...right? 

"I'm not going to win against her with physical strengthen." I looked at them. "This is something I have to over come by myself. This emotional block is something I put up. I have to find a way to take it down." 

I walked away from them. I didn't know where I was going. I stopped looking around. I was on a long road surrounded by trees. I closed my eyes focusing on home. I opened my eyes smiling on how it worked. Teleporting is easy for me. 

"Get your shit together Alina. You have to save Clayton." I looked down at my hands. 

I walked outback knowing I can't practice using my powers in the house. I remembered the day I shot light from my hand so I wanted to start with that. I held out my hand as a bright light shot from the center of my hand. 

I can do this. I can. 

I practiced for hours just focusing on one power at a time. After I used up all my energy I walked into the house. It was dark and empty. I sighed and walked to the fridge only to remember that this house has no food. I pulled out my phone and called Domino's. 

As I was waiting for my food this green orb showed up. I smiled watching it as it circled me then went down the hall. It stopped as if it wanted me to follow it. So I did. 

"There's nothing here." I looked at it. 

My eyes widened as it went through the wall. I placed my hand on the wall and pressed it. My hand went through the wall. I pulled my hand back fast as I could. I started at the wall as the green orb came back to me. 

I took a deep breath as I walked through the wall. How come I didn't know about this wall before? Is it new? I looked around the room. I gasped seeing books from wall to wall, ceiling to floor. I walked over picking a book off the self. It wasn't a just any book it was journal. I opened it reading it. 

I noticed that the books were numbered. 

"Number 22. I need number 1." I looked around.

I started to count backwards from there. I pulled out the first book. 

"Micheal Sykes 1463 - 1500" I read on the front. "He died young." I opened the book right as I heard a knock on the door. "Food!"

I put the book and ran for the front door. I opened the door only to be greeted by Eli who was holding my food in his hands.  

"Alina." He smiled at me. "So this is where you live?" 

He tried to peep into my house but I moved the door. 

"Thanks for my food." I took it from him, including my drink. 

I shut the door watching him leave from the mirror. He looked back staring at me. 

"I didn't mean any harm to you." He said. "I thought I was protecting you! I didn't know that I would..." 

I opened the door. 

"It was none of your business to begin with!" I shouted. "Because of you I lost him! Because of myself." 

I pressed my lips together, anger struck me and I wanted to take it out on him. If he would have just kept his mouth shut that day. 

"Tell me Alina." He said. "If you were to find out either that day or later on in life would it make a difference?"

He walked over to me. 

"Would you still have left him?" He asked. 

I was taken back by what he said. 

"You deserve better Alina." He went to reach out for me but I backed up. 

"I think you should go." I closed my door locking it. 

Something about him isn't right. 

⊶❃❃❃⊷

ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ʟɪғᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ