〚8〛

I couldn't even focus on school. I just wondered what Clayton wanted to talk to me about. As I waited for Clayton, Julia walked up to me. 

"Hey, I'll be taking the city bus today. My mom wants me home as soon as possible." Julia said. 

"Alright be safe." I waved at her. 

I stood waiting around for him. My phone went off seeing it was my aunt I answered it. 

"That pickle man who killed your parents is near your school please stay near Clayton or Julia." She said with a panic voice. 

I looked to the right where Julia was headed. I saw him. He stood tall, stuck out like a sore thumb. I took running for her. I have to get to her. I saw her, she was frozen in place with fear. 

"Julia!" I shouted. 

I didn't know what to do. 

"Mom. Dad. If you gave me powers now would be the time to tell me or show me." I cried. 

I knew I couldn't stand around. I ran after her. As this pickle man began to move towards her I picked up speed, great speed. I felt like I was moving faster than the speed of light. Correction. I was the light. I grab hold of Julia. I wanted us to be out of harms way. I pictured us home. When I opened my eyes I was there, still holding Julia. Her eyes shut tight. 

"Julia, we're safe now." I cried. 

"H-How?" She cried. 

"I guess with you being in danger it woken my powers within me." I hugged her. "I couldn't stand there and watch you die." 

My phone rang but I was too shaken up to answer it. Me and Julia just sat there holding each other. After we both calmed down, Julia called her parents and I called my aunt then Clayton. As I was on the phone with Clayton he appeared in the living room. I could tell just by looking at him that he has been worrying a lot. 

I stood up and he ran into my arms hugging me tightly. 

"I thought I lost you." His voice was hoarse like he was crying. 

As I stood back our necklaces got tangled with each others.  I laughed trying to undo it. 

"I think it's telling you two something." Julia stood. "Light would be nothing without dark, and dark would be nothing without light." 

"I almost forgot, my powers came to me." I smiled. "See." 

I held up my hand as a ball of light formed in it. 

"I think I have my dad's powers too." I looked down at my left hand. "If that's the case then I'm super powerful." 

"No one is allowed out this house do to a curfew set on the town, therefore Clayton you're staying the night." My aunt walked. 

I untangled our necklaces and ran to her. I hugged her tightly. 

"I sense him within you." She cried. "You hold his powers." 

"I know." I smiled. "My powers have been awakened." 

The night drug by slowly. I sat on the couch with Clayton. Julia already fell asleep. 

"Clayton." I looked over at him. "Why do you always wear gloves? And make sure that your skin ins't showing?" 

He didn't answer. 

"Is it because you have scars?" I asked. 

He took off his glove and touched the plant my aunt has been trying to grow. The plant died right when he touched  it. 

"Everything I touch dies." He sighed. 

Something told me to reach out and touch his hand. I did. He jumped back but it was too late. His widened in horror. 

"How is it possible?" He questioned. "You're supposed to be dead." 

"I have no idea." I looked at my hand. 

I watched as he reached out and touched my hand. Tears glistened in his eyes, as he cupped my cheek. 

"Being that she has the power of Nature also means she has control over life." My aunt stood in the stair way. "I'd say Alina is more dangerous than you, once she learned how to use her powers." 

She towards us. 

"I've only met one person who can kill with just a touch." Her eyes darkened. "You're the son of him, aren't you." 

I saw the panic in his eyes. 

"You better come clean now, before I rip your heart out." My aunt gritted. 

Clayton's head dropped. 

"After I found out that they were evil villains I ran away from home." He sighed. "I only know where my mom is. I had my shadows track her down." 

"Not only are they villains but they're the top villains." My aunt said. "They control all things evil." 

"Not me." Clayton looked at her. 

"Because even though you have their powers you still have some light in you." Aunt Ashley stated. "You were an innocent child, sadly God gave you evil parents." 

"While we're on this top." Clayton looked at me. "I want you to be with me, but I know you can never after what I'm about to tell you." 

I watched as the tears fall. 

"Your parents died because of my mom." He closed his eyes in pain knowing his words just killed me. 

I felt the darkness creep into my heart, but it didn't stay for long realizing that it's hurting both of it. 

"You could've told me earlier instead of drowning yourself like that." I smiled. "It's not your fault so don't go blaming yourself Clayton." 

"But she's..." 

"Yes, he's your mom but it has nothing to do with you." I closed my eyes. "But to make things equal. I shall kill your mom." 

"Alina." My aunt grabbed my arm. "If you kill someone, your light will turn to dark." 

"It doesn't matter, there's always been a fracture in my light." I looked at her. "Darkness is always lingering in my heart, but do you know why that darkness hasn't taken over yet?" 

She shook her head. 

"It's because my light is bright." I smiled. "Doesn't matter how broken I am, my heart is so big that darkness doesn't stand a chance." 

"I hope you're right." She sighed. "The only one who can pull you from darkness is the one who your heart desires. Remember that." 

She walked away from us. I looked Clayton. 

"I want to be with you too, but now may not be the right time." I smiled sadly. 

I can't be with him just yet. 

I went to walk away but he grabbed my hand. I turned to look at him as his lips crashed against mine. I wanted to fight it but I didn't. Instead I kissed back. 

⊶❃❃❃⊷

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕡𝕖𝕠𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕙𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟. 𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦.