〚9〛

° Clayton's POV °

I didn't know what I was thinking, I couldn't have her walk away from me like that. It all happened so suddenly. The next thing I knew I was kissing her. I thought she would have pushed me away but to my surprise, she kissed me back. I pulled her closer to me. Alina wrapped her arms around my neck. I broke the kiss, I had to or else things would have gotten heated. I rested forehead against hers. 

"Don't push me away." I said. "I know we have a tainted fate but I have this feeling that we can get through it." 

"As much as I want to resent you, I can't." She looked up at me with a smile. "I love you too much to let you go." 

I pulled her into my arms hugging her tightly. 

"I love you too, therefore I shall protect you from her." I said. "I won't let my mom hurt you." 

I felt the warmth of her light as we were hugging. 

"Let's watch a movie." Alina said. 

It was funny how she suggested but we didn't even watch it. She fell asleep and I ended up watching her sleep until I fell asleep myself. I woke up to a camera clicking sound. I opened my eyes to see Julia taking a picture of me and Alina with her phone. 

"I'm not deleting that either." Julia smiled. "But wake her up, we have school." 

"They're allowing us to go to school even after what happened yesterday?" I sat up making sure that I didn't wake her up. 

"Well, you see...they say school will be opened for those who are willing to go." Julia said. "Yeah, I may have crossed paths with death but school is important to me." 

"Why?" I asked. "You won't even use half of that stuff in your daily life after you graduate." 

"You're right." She sat down. "But it gives me something to keep my mind off of life." 

"Troubles at home?" I asked. 

"Yeah." She nodded. 

I could tell she was holding back tears. I closed my eyes reaching out to her taking away some of her pain. Someone who is as sweet as Julia shouldn't be suffering like that. 

"Why did you do that?" She sniffed. 

"You're to sweet to be suffering like that." I smiled. "Same with Alina, she's been suffering for years." 

"So have you." Julia said. "Probably more than us." 

I sighed. 

"Why take on someone else's pain when you're drowning in your own?" Julia asked. 

"Because I want to see the people who I care about happy." I closed my eyes to hide the pain. 

I felt Alina's hand on mine. The warmth of light ran through my soul. 

"I, too, can take away pain." She mumbled. 

I opened my eyes to her light browns eyes shining with love and pain. 

"You don't have to suffer anymore Clayton." Alina yawned. "I'll be your light to your darkness." 

I leaned over kissing her forehead. 

"I know." I whispered. 

"What happened while I was sleeping?" Julia said. "Because you two sailed while I was sleeping I'm going to be pissed." 

"The ship has sailed." I laughed. 

"I'm happy for you two but I'm mad because I didn't get to see it happen." She throw a pillow at us. "I can't believe you two."