〚12〛

I ate as I read through the countless Journals. So many stories about my family. I smiled knowing I was learning something about my family tree. Elizabeth Sykes, I don't know who she is but to me but she found out she had powers during giving birth. Another ancestor of mine found out she had powers while having sex. She nearly killed her boyfriend. 

"Maybe I should start a journal." I looked around me at all the books. "I didn't even get through half of these." 

I decided to stop reading for now and just pick up where I left off tomorrow. Tomorrow. I have school tomorrow. 

I went to check my phone. I sighed seeing it was dead. No wonder no one could get a hold of me. 

"I don't even have my charger." I groaned. 

I pitched my phone charger in front of me. If I can teleport myself, then can I teleport things to me? I focused really hard. 

"I can. I can." I chanted. 

I gasped at my phone charger appeared in front of me. 

"I did it!" I jumped up with joy. 

"Wait, can I teleport Clayton to me? No. That would be to dangerous." I paced the floor. 

I went into my room and plugged my phone up. I laid there as it charged. It was quiet. Too quiet for my comfort. My heartbeat picked up as I heard the front door. 

"Alina?" I heard my aunt call out. "She has to be here, I saw her charger disappear from her room." 

I stood up and walked into the living room. My aunt her and friend stood there looking around. 

"I want to be alone." I said. 

"Alina, it's not safe." My aunt rushed to me. "There was a shadow at our house. I think it belonged to Clayton." 

My eyes widened. 

"Do you think it was looking for me?" I asked. 

The two nodded. 

"I'm sure he scattered a bunch of shadows around town to look for you." Her friend said. "These shadow's don't look friendly either." 

I nodded my head. 

"Thanks for the warning." I said. "I can handle myself." 

"No you can't. You..." 

I closed my eyes with frustration. 

"Let me take care of myself." I said. "Please." 

"No." I heard her voice crack. "I promised to protect you and that's what I will do." 

"You can't fight darkness with Weather Aunt Ashley!" I shouted. "If anything it's best to stay away from you, so I can keep you safe." I began to cry. "I can't lose my only family." 

"Alina." She pulled me in for a hug. 

"We're both so young, we have our whole life ahead of us. I can't..." I held her tight. 

"I understand." She whispered. "Please stay safe and don't die on me." 

"I don't plan on dying." I smiled. 

"That's my girl." She smiled at me. 

"Oh, I have control over light." I smiled proudly. 

I held out my hand as I made five little light balls. They watched as the five little light balls became one big ball of light. I smiled as the light turned black. 

"Alina...?" My aunt looked at me with a worried look. 

"The darkest light to exists." Her friend walked forward. "Alina what was your mom's name?" 

"Ciana. Why?" I asked 

"Ashley, why didn't you tell me." Her friend looked at her. 

I was confused. 

"What?" I looked between them. 

"It's best to keep it between us." She looked at me. "If Arianna knew she wouldn't hesitate to kill her." 

"Tell me! This is my life you know!" I shouted to get their attention. 

"Your mother was the Queen of Light." He said. "Now that she's gone, you are the Queen of Light."

"Meaning, you're powerful alone with just light powers, but since you have your fathers powers." My aunt sides. "You're untouchable." 

"Anything that comes your way won't effect you." The guy laughed. "I would hate to piss you off." 

He paused with a thinking look on his face. 

"That's it." He looked at me. "You can defeat her out of anger. She took away your parents and your boyfriend." 

I clinched my jaw shut. 

It wasn't his fault. He tried his best to fight off the evil. She turned his only friend against him. I bet the pickle man wasn't even evil to begin with. 

"Don't remind me..." I closed my eyes. 

"She must've known who Alina's parents were." My aunt looked at me. 

"I bet that crusty bitch planned it all." I put on my thinking cap. 

"I'm sure she did." My aunt sighed.

I decided to go back with my aunt. I laid in bed listening to music, crying over the memories I have with Clayton. We've grown close over the years. How could I let it end like this. I ended up crying myself to sleep. 

"I can't lose you this way." I sighed sitting up. 

As I sat up I saw a dark shadow in the corner. I was scared at first but then I realized he wasn't here to hurt me. 

"He sent you?" I asked. 

No answer. 

"Ah, you can't talk because you're a shadow." I nodded pulling my knees to my chest. "Tell him, I'm sorry. I won't blame him if he hates me, I don't blame him if he doesn't love me anymore." 

"He is worried about you." The shadow spoke. "He wants to keep you safe." 

"He doesn't need to do that." I sighed. "His mother can't hurt me even if she tried." 

"He says, his mother is powerful. Don't underestimate her." The shadow said. "He also says that he still loves you, he doesn't blame you for getting mad." 

I didn't know what to say. 

"He also said to stay away from Eli. He has a bad feeling about him." The shadow said before disappearing. 

I sighed with a smile. So his demons haven't taken over him. Completely. 

"Could I get rid of his demons without taking away his powers?" I questioned myself. 

I shook my head getting rid of the thought. 

"Let me go to sleep. I have to get up earlier." I closed my eyes falling into a fast deep sleep. 

⊶❃❃❃⊷

sᴛᴀʏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ sᴍɪʟɪɴɢ