〚18〛

Clayton woke me up earlier. I laid there looking at the ceiling for a little while. I heard foot steps and sat up. 

"I have everything packed." He smiled. "We have a lot of planned today." 

"Oh really?" I looked at him. "It's..." I paused grabbing my phone looking at the time. "Only ten in the morning..." 

"I know, so get up and get ready." He walked out, that's when I noticed he was already ready. 

I got up, showered and dressed. I dressed in something casual because honestly, I didn't know what we were doing today. I walked into the living room towel drying my hair. 

"I'm almost ready." I said. 

"Hurry, by the time we leave you won't have to go out for breakfast." He grabbed the car keys and my stuff. 

I throw the towel on the couch and followed him out. The sunlight was so bright I thought I went blind for a second. It took a minute for my eyes to adjust to the sunlight. 

"Is it just me or does the sun seem brighter than usual?" I asked Clayton as I got into the car. 

"It does seem bright today, maybe you can tone it down some." He joked. 

"Ooh, I didn't think about that." I said taking what he said seriously. 

"I was joking, don't mess with mother nature." Clayton gave me a serious look. 

"Pfft. I am mother nature." I shook my head. "But I won't mess with the sun." 

The day went by fast. I yawned and stretched as I sat in the car. 

"What are we doing next? Please tell me it's sleeping." I looked at him smiling. 

"No." He said reaching over buckling me up. 

Our eyes met. For a split second I wanted to have my way with him in the backseat of this car. I cleared my throat pulling him from his thoughts. He smiled and kissed me quickly. My eyes widen with surprise. 

"Oh." I touched my lips. "Is that how we're doing things?" 

He chuckled buckling himself up. 

"Next stop..." He started the car. 

I looked at him wondering if he was going to finish his sentence. 

"Um, sweetie are you going to finish what you were saying?" I asked, putting on a 'are you serious' face.  

"Ha no." He shook his head. 

"So you're just messing with me." I crossed my arms. 

"Pretty much." He laughed. 

I nodded running my tongue across my top teeth. 

When we arrived at the beach I was confused. Why come to the beach when the sun is going down? Not much to see. I sat there thinking. 

"Are you just going to sit here or get out?" Clayton said. 

I looked at him. He was standing there with the passenger side door open and holding two bags. 

"Oh." I got out. 

We walked along the this pathway. I looked down seeing fake candles flicking. I held back my tears as we walked father. I stopped seeing what Clayton had set up for me. 

"How? When?" I looked at him with tears in my eyes. 

"Julia helped." He smiled taking my hand.