〚14〛

I sat in the room surrounded by the books crying. There has to be an end to my pain and suffering but when? I looked up to the ceiling. My vision blurred with tears but I was still able to see this beautiful white orb light. It was floating in front of me. I reached out for it as the landed in my head. I felt the warmth of my mom through the light. The light started floating away. It went through the wall and floated along. I followed it to my mothers office. Everything was untouched. Tears left my eyes as I saw the family portrait on the wall. I noticed that it was crooked a little bit. I walked over to it. I lifted it up seeing a safe built into the wall. 

I remembered my aunt saying something about my birth date, so I typed it in. My eyes widened as the door to the safe opened. I was speechless seeing the crown sitting there on a red pillow. I gently picked it up and put it on. Generations of women who wore the crown flashed through my mind. Lastly was my mother. She put the crown up to protect me. I sighed putting it back. 

"I don't deserve to wear this crown." I closed the safe door making sure it was locked. 

"Alina! Are you here?" I heard Julia's voice. 

"Julia..." I looked at the door. 

I smiled but it wasn't like I used to. It wasn't my bright happy smile anymore. 

"Alina." She walked into the room. "I heard what happened in the gym locker room." 

"What about it?" I asked. 

"Were you really going to kill them?" She asked. 

"Yeah, so what about it?" I sounded dead. 

This isn't me. What is happening? 

"Don't let your anger out on people." She said. 

I laughed. 

It all happened so suddenly. I was laughing at what she said then the next thing I know my face was stinging. 

"Did you just hit me?" I looked at with wide eyes. 

"This isn't you Alina." She shook her head. "The Alina I know would never hurt anyone." 

I saw the tears in her eyes. 

"I've stuck with you through thick and thin." Her voice cracked. "If you're really going to stop being strong and let everything that is happening effect you in the worse way possible. I can't stick around anymore." 

She turned her back on me. 

"Don't do this." I fell to my knees. "I'm tired of being strong, but I don't want to be weak." 

"You're not alone in this Alina." She kneel in front of me, taking my hands into hers. "Your parents didn't gift you with these powers just for you to turn evil." 

"Evil?" I looked up at her. "I don't think I could turn evil..." 

"You can't fool me." Julia sighed. "One more button pushed and your light would be broken for good." 

"I'm nothing but A Fractured Light." I leaned over resting my head on her shoulder. "Save me, before it's too late." 

"I wish I was the one would who could do that." She rubbed my back. "I hate to admit it but Clayton is the only one would mend your heart." 

I looked up at her. 

"But didn't you.." 

"I know what I said." She cut me off. "And I mean it I don't want you to get yourself hurt over him." 

"There has to be a way around this then?" I sighed. "A way to get him back without fighting her." 

For the rest of the week I didn't attend school. I focused on my powers. Building it up. I mastered the power of light, but the power of nature is a lot harder. I found out that the power of nature is life itself. I read in one of my late relatives journals that the power of nature could kill anything in seconds, including humans. Also that the power of nature is all of the elements combined into one. If it fell into the wrongs hands the world could come to an end. 

I sat outside with my eyes closed. I could feel the trees, the grass beneath me, the flowers that are growing in the garden. I heard something approach me. I opened one eye to see a deer in front of me. Followed by other animals. 

"Hey guys." I smiled. "I guess you can sense my powers, right?" 

The deer nodded it's head. 

"I'm lonely right now, so is it okay if you guys stick around?" I asked. 

I watched as every animal before me sat down. I closed my eyes focusing on the energy of nature. Feeling all elements. I suddenly felt like I was floating. 

"Alina!?" I heard my aunt shout. 

I opened my eyes as I was falling from. I let out a loud scream. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the ground but instead I landed in someones arms. I opened my eyes to see Eli. 

"You should be more careful." He smiled putting me down. 

"What? How?" My aunt rushed over to me. 

"I don't know. Where did the animals go?" I looked around. "You guys must have..." 

"You mean them?" Eli pointed behind me as he backed up. 

My eyes widened seeing a bear. I gasped with a smile, but something about the bear didn't seem right. It was in protective mode. I looked at Eli then back at the bear. 

Having this power, I realized that animals can sense if someone is evil or has bad intentions. 

Who exactly is Eli? I know nothing about him. 

"Alina. Call off your animal friends." Eli said pointing at them. 

"Why are you here?" I asked. 

"You haven't been in school for a week. I wanted to see if you were okay." He said. 

I held up my hand, telling the animals to halt. 

"We're not even friends so why?" I questioned him. 

"We may not be on good terms but..." 

He screamed shooting fire from his hand as a fox jumped out of nowhere. 

"No!" I shouted moving fast as light.  

I held the fox on my arms as the flames it my back. I could smell the burning of my flesh. I turned my hand looking at him. 

"Do you want to die?" I clinched my jaw shut. 

"Your wound, it's healing." My aunt walked over to me. "Did you master your powers?" 

"You tried to kill my friend." I put the fox down and walked towards Eli. 

"I didn't mean..." He stepped back. 

"Didn't mean what?" I arched my brow. "He wasn't going to hurt you!" 

I was outraged by his actions. 

"Alina, please calm down." My aunt grabbed my hand. 

"Leave. I don't ever want to see your face again." I closed my eyes, holding back the urge to hurt him. 

"So you did master it." My aunt nodded her head as I looked at her. 

"It took me a whole week but I did it." I smiled. "I feel different. I feel powerful." 

"Because you are." She laughed.

I looked down at my hands. 

I am powerful. Clayton, I'm coming for you. 

⊶❃❃❃⊷

rєmєвєr, чσu hαvє tσ вє strσng. nσ mαttєr whαt hαppєns, вє вrαvє αnd fαcє ít