You're Not My Son

"So what brings you boys here, so soon?" John asked in his usual gruff manner.

Mary lightly smacked John's arm. She asked, more kindly, "What can we do for you?"

Sam seemed at a bit of a loss for words, seeing both of his parents together. Dean did nit share the same awe. He wasn't happy to be there. Dean was angry.

Dean wanted to pick a fight.

"Well, Mommy dearest, we were just wondering I'd you happened to know anything about darling Castiel here's missing Grace." His voice was heavy with sarcasm.

A hurt look flashed across Mary's face. She seemed confused that her son was acting that way. Dean almost felt sorry for what he did.

Almost.

John was silent for a moment, also trying to process why Dean said what he did. Dean felt no remorse for his father.

"So why the hell is Dean in chains?" John had asked the question probably on both his and Mary's minds. Dean noticed that Sam cringed. With a smirk, Dean blinked, his eyes black as a fallen star. Mary let out a dry sob.

John was now directly in front of Dean. Dean just smiled. He knew his father couldn't hurt him, even if he wanted to. Knights of Hell aren't exactly the dying kind.

"You are not my son." John spit out, venomously. "You, are a disgusting monster, no different than the scum you used to hunt. If I had the Colt, I would shoot you right now."

John raised his arm, a movement Dean knew well. He braced himself for the sting of his father's hand, but it never came. He heard a slap, and his mother yelped, holding her ha d to her face. A bright red hand print, not so different from Dean's own branding on his shoulder, now marred his mother's lovely face. Why did she do that?

Mary seemed to read his mind, and whispered in his ear, "You still are, and always will be, my beautiful son, no matter what. I love you Dean."

Mary got up, and brushed herself off. "I know where this Grace of Castiel's is. I watched as the angel hid it here. I have it with me." She reached into her pocket and brought out something Dean never expected to ever see again."