Sammy...

Dean awoke, as if from a deep sleep. Where was he? What had happened? All Dean remembered was having a horrible nightmare, in which he killed Cas, and Sam too. Thank God is was only a dream.

Oh how wrong Dean was.

Dean noticed Meg first. She was covered in dried blood, and looked awful. Dean wasn't too upset about her, but it did provoke a question.

What is it was a dream?

Then he saw Cas.

His wing spread out, a stab wound in his chest, he was surely dead. Still, Dean knelt to check his pulse. Nothing. A tear dripped down Dean's face. A demon weeping for his fallen angel. That was surely a first.

Dean adjusted Cas's trench coat, making it cover the ugly wound he had inflicted on his best friend. Dean slowly got up, now ready to go to d Sammy.

It didn't take very long.

Sam was lying in the corner, blood everywhere. He should have been dead, but he was waiting. Taking labored breath after labored breath. He was waiting for Dean, the big brother who had always taken care of him, always protected him.

Sam wanted to say goodbye.

Dean ran over to his broken brother. "Stay with me." He said, desperately.

Sam gasped, like a fish out of water. His lung must have been punctured. It was a miracle that he had survived this long.

"Dean..." Sam got out. "It's...ok. I forgive you. You are, and always will be, my brother. No demon eyes will change that."

Sam reached a bloody hand to touch his brother's face. It was wet with tears. "I see...see Jess..."

Sam took a final breath, and his eyes eyes glazed over. Dean whispered in his baby brother's ear.

"I'm sorry, Sam. I failed you." Dean's eyes hardened with resolve. "I may have failed you, and Cas, but I will never fail anyone. Not ever again." Dean reached for the First Blade.

"Goodbye, Sammy." Dean said, one last time, before plunging the Blade into his heart.

Goodbye, Sammy.