Rest, Dean

Sam woke up in The Roadhouse, surrounded by familiar faces, smiling down at him. Ellen and Jo, Bobby and his wife, Karen, Garth and Kevin, Mom and Dad. He looked to the side, and saw Jess sitting next to him, holding his hand. Everyone was there. That is, everyone but Cas, and Dean. He would never see them again.

"Hey, Sam. Heard your idjit for a brother went and stabbed you." Bobby was never one to comfort much.

"Yeah, Bobby, but it wasn't him. Not really."

Bobby just smiled. "I know, Sam. I know more than anybody that that boy wouldn't hurt you for the world. I just wish he could be here to join us. Oh well..." Bobby wandered off with Karen.

Sam turned around, and there she was. Jess. She looked even more beautiful than ever, and she gave him a kiss. "I feel really bad saying this, but I'm glad you're here." she said with a smile. Sam grinned and kissed her back. Sam forgot about Dean in that moment, and rarely thought much about him, or Cas, ever again.

***

Crowley poked Dean's lifeless body with his shoe. "Hello." he said."Earth to Squirrel?" Oh well. Crowley pulled the First Blade out of Dean's chest. He could have revived him, but there was still some human left in the King of Hell, so he decided to let Dean do what he desired. Crowley let Dean die. He let Dean be free.

Crowley was about to leave, when he looked back at the bodies of what were all his enemies at some point. He sighed, and snapped his fingers. They were at the family plot for the Winchesters, in Lawrence, Kansas. He buried the boys, and Castiel, next to Mary and John. All the gravestones read this.

Saving people, hunting things, the family business.

"Sleep, Dean."