22.

Elle adjusts her skirt before looking up at me.

"Good?"

I smile to her. She's so pretty. She's wearing a maroon skirt and a grey top. The top is skin tight, long sleeve and stops above her belly button. Her hair is in a messy bun and she has earrings on plus the necklace I bought her.

"That only took three hours," I joke smiling to her.

"Twenty one is the best birthday number because she can drink."

"Yes, in America. We're not in America," I say.

"Yeah, yeah," she says throwing on a light jacket.

We exit the apartment and the chilly air surrounds us. I do miss the warmth of Los Angeles.

"Did you grab the gift?" She asks me.

"Yup," I hold up the small bag containing Andrea's gift.

It's a Pandora charm and some other little things I don't remember or care about.

We hop into the Uber and head to Andrea's house.

Everyone will be drinking so I'll likely be bored out of my mind.

Well, that's a lie. Elle doesn't drink either so she usually just chats with me the entire time. Unfortunately Andrea is her best friend and she'll probably be spending her entire time with her.

"Who else is coming?" I ask as we get out and walk up the drive way.

"Some people Andrea goes to school with, Aryan and I think Phoenix will be there."

"No Amra?"

"No she's visiting family out of the country till Saturday."

"Okay," I say.

"I also invited your sister."

I stop dead.

"You what?"

"What? I got to chatting with her, she's real friendly and so I invited her."

"She's not going to come," I say beginning to walk again.

"Oh yes she is, she said she was."

What is she up to? Myah is always friendly to people in case she needs to later manipulate them but I can tell she doesn't like Elle. I would've thought she would be rude to Elle and intimidate her.

Now I have to keep an eye on her because I don't need her doing anything to Elle. likely to scare her off.

"She doesn't know anybody there," I say as if it mattered. Myah, when she wants to, can get along with anyone.

"She knows you and me, besides she was telling me she's open to making new friends."

How many years into a relationship till I finally tell Elle I think my sister is a sociopath and she should stay away? Myah doesn't simply just make friends cause she feels like it.

We walk inside and there's tons of people. It's only nine.

"Let's go find Andrea," Elle says grabbing my wrist and dragging me through the crowds of people.

Been a while since I've been in a party environment. Even still this party is just smart university kids, I've been to far more exciting parties.

We find Andrea in the kitchen talking to a girl with jet black curled hair.

"Myah," Elle smiles going to hug her but Myah moves towards me as if she didn't notice Elle.

"Koda, you made it."