Chapter 22: Villains Are Caught

Trigger warning.

Aoyama wakes up after a while. He stays in his position for a bit, processing what the HECK just happened.

... "Hagakure..." he murmurs, he must have scared the jeeps out of her. Poor girl.

Slowly, and dizzily, he gets up. How long was he like that? What the heck? He turns to look at the fight.

Midoriya is just about to hit Kurogiri - his legs are flailing behind him. Broken.

Ready to hit him, a portal forms in front of him. Shiguraki's hand. Aoyama doesn't react. He lets it happen, blindly.

But right as constant is about to be made, there's a bullet. It hits Shiguraki's hand.

More and more shots - more and more villains are hit. Aoyama's attention is caught. The pro heros. Good thing I took off that outfit...

Aoyama waves at Kurogiri and signals at the outfit he needs to hide. The mist man catches a glimpse of him, angrily squints, and sets a small portal behind him. Aoyama turns and wonders where it goes. Not the issue at the moment. He grabs the outfit and shoves it in - before the portal closes onto his arms. Grunting, he walks off, not willing to see how things turn out for the villains. He already knows.

He can hear Iida shouting "I HAVE RETURNED!!"
The biggest mistake was that Kurogiri had let him escape. Aoyama thought of ways he could've avoided that.

•••

The police have arrived and are explaining things. They mention how everyone besides Midoriya is ok.
The students talk to each other and Aoyama overhears Ojiro and Hagakure's conversation.

"Ojiro... looks like it was into the fire for you this time. And all alone?... nice going!" Hagakure exclaims.

"I thought everyone was alone... I only survived with hit-and-run tactics." Ojiro replies. "Where were you, Hagakure?"

She points. "The Landslide Area! With Todoroki - he's crazy strong!"

Aoyama decides to try and settle this unnerving feeling inside him. Maybe, in case they wonder, maybe I should.... He wanders to other students.

"As for my location... where do you think..."
He does a flashy pose in front of Koda, Tokoyami, Kirishima, and Kaminari.
"I was?? ☆"

They simply continue with their conversation. Aoyama almost giggles to himself. He moves to another group.

"Where do you think..."
He does another flashy pose in front of more students.
"I was?! ☆"

They also continue their conversation. Embarrassing...

He moves to Tsuyu Asui.
"Where do you think I was?!"

"...where?"

"It's a secret~ ☆" another stupid pose. Now he makes himself giggle.

The detective says something about how they don't have time for statements, and Tsuyu asks about Aizawa. Not caring, Aoyama shifts his attention to something else - and that something catches his eye.

Hagakure is clearly staring at Aoyama. Aoyama processes this. She gives off a nervous, yet afraid and angry, vibe.

She knows. She's not a friend.

Aoyama gives her a cold, empty, and evil look that makes her shake slightly. She looks away, and Ojiro looks to make sure she's ok.

Aoyama returns to his normal V smile and faces the detective.

•••

Aoyama has bandages on his head, and didn't go to school the next day. His mother was freaking out and his father was unsure what to do.

"What even happened?!" His mother cries to the father. "He got injured!"

"That's what you're worried about?" The father yells. "His quirk isn't either of ours! Either you had cheated on me, or he's mutated!!"

"Cheated? CHEATED?!" His mother yells. "How dare you?!"

His mother had the ability to shoot lasers out her palms. This quirk isn't very effective, since the lasers are weak. His father can take the insults of a person and put it into his body as power - the main storage of this power is in his torso. If the power overflows then the pressure is put on his vital organs, and his stomach can explode or collapse. It's easy to see that this is a mutated version of his Father and Mother's quirks.

Aoyama cries as he listens to his parents fighting. Something in his stomach burns.

"Why are you never concerned about your son?!"
"Because he is NOT my son, apparently!! He may not even be of the same blood! Mentally he is in no way mine!"
"Oh my god, he can hear you! You're an awful man! He's not a mutant, you should love him!!"

Aoyama walks to his father. He pokes him.

"Oh for the love of- what?!" His father yells at Aoyama. He doesn't flinch.

"Papa, why? Why am I a mutant?" He asks with a shaky voice.

"Oh look at the crybaby. You're 11!! You should grow up! Quit crying!" His father threatens to slap him.

His mother gasps. "Stop that, he's just a child! He's still processing what happened!"

"You Shut up woman!" He yells back. He gives her a wack on her head. She's taken aback, and so is the father.

"....Papa?"

"...you...." His mother winces.

"Oh my goodness," his father whimpers. "Oh my darling, I'm so sorry, I don't know what got into me, I-"

"You just hit me! In front of Yuga!"

"My Sweet, I think it was the quirk, you know how it can get-"

Aoyama's anger boils up.

"Don't call me the names! You're a monster - how could you?!" She yells.

"Alice, I'm so sorry-"

"Papa."

Aoyama's father looks at Aoyama with sad eyes. Aoyama looks back with cold, hollow ones.

Something burns inside him.

"You're a bad man." He whispers to him, repeating his mother. His father is taken aback.

Suddenly Aoyama's eyes widen. He recognizes this feeling.

"...y...Yuga?" His mother whispers.

"M... Mama-" he looks at her, but then his laser shoots out and at his father. His father yells in pain and Aoyama is shot back.

Oh how this day was crazy...

•••

Aight so I'm sorry I took it there, but I needed to escalate this somehow. This story ain't turning out like how I wanted lol. Had to improvise.