:Garrett:

"I can't believe that old prune kicked me out!" I say to no one in particular. My eyebrows crease as I begin to think. She knows something. She is hiding something. But what?! Ugh! I launch a crushed beer can with a single kick. Why didn't I just use my abilities and see what she was actually thinking. An idea forms as I round a corner into an abandoned allyway. I'll do just that! It's only, I quickly glance at my watch, 4:30. I can still question her again, as Psionic, and make it back to headquarters before Cara notices. Maybe Lila will feel better if she is talking to a super. My fingers trail my neck until I reach my transform button. The anime cut scene like transformation begins and then I'm off the Big Dil's once again.

    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK IT'S PSIONIC!!!! HE'S SOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" My eardrums nearly bust at the outburst. A short Brunette rushes up to me. Her hands grasp the collar of my costume. "I can't believe it's really you!!! OH MY GOSH!" Her hand quickly shifts to lay around my neck. Her other hands holds a cellular device."SELFIE!" Immediately she begins to makes faces and snap pictures. "Uh miss?"

     Then her lips were on mine. I become paralyzed as she takes more pictures of us kissing. My mind scanning through my few years of training. What do I do? Bombings? I can handle those. Psychopaths? Piece of cake. Cara's wrath? got it in the bag. But media? Fans? GIRLS?!! I have no idea what to do. "It is so nice to meet you! I'm Mackennaa! I'll tots tag you in this! What your instagram?" "I'm sorry miss. I have to get going. Very important mission. uh. yeah. bye." I dash away from the crazed girl and to Big Dil's. "Jeesh" That was awful. I never want to do that again. The bell above the door rings as I enter once again.

    "oh my god." I hear someone whisper. I turn my head and my curly ebony hair flys into my eyes. A frail, small boy is hiding behind the counter. "Uh excuse me sir?" He let out a sound that reminds me of a scared animal. "I'm looking for Lila Dil?" His slim fingers point to the curtain I had entered through only an hour ago. "Thank you sir." Lila sat at the table working on a machine. Her badly dyed blonde bobbed hair was hanging in front of her wrinkled eyes. I didn't notice how old she truely looked. I know she is only in her twenties but she looks as though she is in her thirties.

    "Mrs. Dil?" She jumped and parts clattered to the floor. "Who are you?! What are you doing here? I do not prohibit thiefs." In only a matter of seconds she had me pinned to the wall and a knife to my throat. My eyes filled with terror and realization. She not only knows about Scamper, but she might actually BE scamper. My mind begins to slither into her thoughts. I have to be thorough to know for sure. I'm looking for a specific memory. That night when I accidently tripped her.  I see her eyes glaze over before I feel myself phaze out. Into her deepest memories.

   " I have to clean the shop up. It's gonna be our big opening in a few week ya know?" I watched a young girl, about fifteen, say to a rat. "Daddy's gonna come home any day now! We have to be ready to open Big Dil's! We don't want him to be mad." The girl began to swirl around the dusty shop that I know as Big Dil's Hunting shop. Her tattered and torn dress releasing dust as she spins.

    Things begin to blur then reform as a different scene.

    "Come on Lila! Please?! We can't have a child and you know how much we want one. It's all i've ever asked of you! I'm your bestfriend! Please.Please. Please?" Lila laughs, " Ok. Ok. I'll be your surrogate mother! Just get off the floor." The unfamiliar girl gets off the ground and hugs Lila. "Oh my gosh! I love you so much. Thank you! Thank you! Thank You." They both begin to cry and the scene fades out.

    My intentions of scouring her memory fade from my mind as I continue further.

    The same girl stands there speaking to Lila. Who is now plump with child. Only now she is the only one crying. "What do you mean you don't want her?" "You heard me. I don't want It. I always wondered why you never took off that stupid hat. I figured it was just something from your jailed daddy. But no. You're some kind of a freak. And i'm not raising whatever monster that you are spawning. Also don't call me I don't want to be associated with you."

    She left Lila and her own child because she was different. The only monster I see is her. The scene fades out and back in once more. I feel Lila begin to tremble.

    "Hi Lilly. You are the most beautiful thing i've ever laid my eyes on." They lay in a hospital bed together. This time the tears were from absolute joy. "You are my sunshine. My only sunshine." Lila begins to sing, "You make me happy when skys are grey. You never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

    The memory changes and I can't help but smile. Is her daughter all grown up now?

    Sirens wail and rush past her. Please don't be the daycare. Please don't be the daycare. Please don't be the daycare. She starts sprinting and turns the corner. I let out a gasp at the sight.

    It was Bobbi. Her long black hair flowing in all directions and her eyes like a sunken hole. Standing atop the fallen building and debrie. Her hands flowing with black death. Grey tears running down her face. Lila filled with rage and sorrow as she sorted through the rubbish for what I inferred to be her daughter.

    "Lilly?!" She screams. "LILLY?!!!!" Lila's hands begin to bleed as she continues. "Lilly? Hunny? Where are you? Can you talk for mommy?" I hear a squeak come from my left and apparently Lila heard it to. " Lilly is that you?!" "Yes" I hear a child say faintly. "Ok sweetheart hold on. Mommy is gonna get you out of there. Just hold on."

    Bobbi begins to approach them. "Miss? Here let me." Her dark smoking hands grasped the slab of cement covering Lilly. I watch a nail scrape her arm and she drops the slab. "NOOO." The little girl screams, then is silent. Lila begins to cry. "Lilly? my baby? are you ok? can you speak to mommy?!" She didn't respond and I watched Bobbi turn and run. "AHHHH. She killed her! The super killed my daughter!"

   After a while of trying, she finally lifts the pieces off her daughter. Lilly would be pretty if she wasn't covered in blood. Her face was smashed and bruised and cut. Her small hands clasped her shirt as she lay in a fetal position. I feel Lila collapse to the floor, but I do not reliquish my hold on her mind.

    She picks up her crushed daughters body and cradles it. Rocking, she begins to sing. "You are my sunshine. My only sunshine." She starts to choke on her tears. "You make me happy when skys are grey. You never know dear, how much I love you please don't take my sunshine away." Slow she lifts Lillys head to her chest. "Please don't take my sunshine away. Please don't take my sunshine away. Please don't take my sunshine awa-"

   My hands slips from Lila's body. Which is now on the floor. "Please stop. Stop. stop." She continues to mumble and I instantly feel awful. "I'm sorry miss." I whisper before I leave the shop. Leaving her on the floor incoherant, mumbling, and crying.