Chapter 1

Before I start this story, I want to state that this is a rewrite. A long time ago I lost motivation to continue this story in my Vanessa_writes_stuff account after I lost the account...so many stories were left unfinished and I was heartbroken, but after going back and re-reading what I loved to do I decided to give it another go. I'll be rewriting a lot of stories here but the plot will be the same, I've gotten better at writing so I hope I don't disappoint!

Chapter 1: beginnings

Viridian forest, a place full of Pokémon both big and small, ones that can be found in tall grass and even in the air. In times of need, the forest will bless a child of the forest with magnificent abilities, and that child usually grows up to pure hearted thanks to this.

Such was the case for little Yellow, the little blonde girl with green eyes trembled as she walked around the forest, glancing around fearfully. It was dark, and scary- every shaking bush and broken twig could be a Pokémon coming at her. But she couldn't go back- not now!

Why would such a tiny child be out in such a dangerous place, alone and trembling? To put it simply, Yellow was worried. For more than a few days now, the Pokémon in the forest were acting wildly, and not in the usual wild Pokémon way. They were aggressive, and violent, attacking both people and Pokémon indiscriminately.

A lot of trainers were complaining about it, mentioning how they had to take long detours around the forest to not get caught up in the Pokémon's wrath. Most of the villagers in Viridian City were worried, why would the Pokémon, who up till now, lived in peace with them, act so aggressively all of a sudden?

Many people wanted to find the cause, surely there had to be a reason! But the Pokémon were so violent even the villagers began to be too afraid to approach the forest.

"Don't go there, okay Yellow?",Yellow's Uncle Wilton warned her, frowning in worry as the little girl gazed over at the forest. "It's been too dangerous lately, we shouldn't agitate the Pokémon more than they are.",he says hastily, gently placing his hands on Yellow's shoulders.

"Now promise uncle you won't go there.",He says, but before Yellow could agree, Wilton was called away. With one last worried look to his niece, he walked over to help whoever called him.

Her uncle would be busy for a while, so he wouldn't notice Yellow slipping away, he also wouldn't notice how the young blonde approached the forest outskirts and managed to sneak in.

Unfortunately for Wilton, Yellow has a kind heart. The young girl was worried for the Pokémon, as she knew that they'd never act so violent without a proper cause. She couldn't bare to see them in pain, and couldn't bare to see other trainers leaving the forest injured. She had to help somehow!

But..now that she was here, what could she do? She's just a child, a small one at that, and she didn't even have a partner Pokémon! Maybe..maybe this was a bad idea?

"Oh no..it's too dark..I don't know where the exit is..",she begins glancing around, hoping to retrace her steps but, it was too dark, she wouldn't be able to see where she was going even if she tried.

That's when it happened, the noise of something slithering among the bushes  caught her attention. What was that? She could feel a bead of sweat running down her forehead. Oh Arceus- this was truly a bad idea, what was she thinking?

At the sound of a Pokémon rising up, Yellow turned, managing to make out the form of a Dratini. Wait- a Dratini?! What's a Dratini doing here!

Before she could think about it properly, she crouched down, covering her face and head with arms, small tears in her eyes. She was going to be attacked..! She was going to be attacked and it would hurt! This was, really, really, really, a bad idea..!

...but the pain never came. If anything, she was...fine? Her eyes opened, shocked to see the herself lifted off the ground, somehow, she felt herself being wrapped around warm arms.

She looked over at her savior, the spiky haired boy landing carefully on the ground and placing Yellow down carefully. He placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled gently, his red eyes looking deeply into her own. "Hey- are you okay? You shouldn't be out here so late at night..",he says with a worried town, though the sound of the Dratini reminded the boy that trouble was still around.

"Venusaur, vine whip!",the boy calls out, his hand extended towards his partner Pokémon who swiftly had two vine like whips appear from its sides, moving over to smack at the Dratini then tied its vines around it, before throwing it far away.

Yellow's eyes widened in shock, her heart pounding at the exchange. Who is this..? Did he just save her? And that Pokémon..it's huge..!

"Hey, it's okay don't worry, I'm a friend see?",The boy says smiling warmly at the young girl. "I'm Red, and this is my partner Venusaur.",he says patting Venusaur's head.

Yellow looked at Venasaur warily, backing away a bit as she looked at Red nervously. Red gave a soft laugh. "Haha, don't worry! He may be big, but he's a real softie! Try petting him, you'll see.",he says holding out his hand to her.

Yellow glanced at his hand nervously, glancing up at look at him. She didn't know this boy- yet..she felt like she could trust him. Maybe it was because he saved her, maybe it was because he was speaking softly, maybe it was because the way he gazed at her was so warm and kind, it made her feel safe.

Either way, Yellow took Red's hand, who gently led her over to Venusaur's head. Yellow gently began to pat the giant Pokémon's head, who let out a small grunt of content, his eyes closing as it enjoyed the attention.

Yellow let out a soft gasp, her eyes widening with a surprised smile. This Pokémon truly was a softie! And somehow..she felt, that this Pokémon was really kind, that it trusted Red, and that it wouldn't hurt Yellow at all. Her whole body relaxed.

Red laughed, the sound sounding so gentle and breezy- soft and fresh like the wind. "See? Told you..now let's get you out of here. Your home is in Viridian right?",he asks holding out his hand for her to take. Yellow nodded, gently taking his hand, though without hesitation this time.

Somehow..Yellow felt she just met someone amazing, her eyes looking at Red carefully as he led her out of the forest, her eyes shining and wide with curiosity and excitement. Whoever Red is...Yellow knew she'd remember him for the rest of her life.