Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Old friend

Yellow wanted to cry.

But she shouldn't.

It'd be stupid really, Red was never hers, she doesn't know him, she doesn't know him.

Internally, she wanted to cry. She wanted to sob and laugh. She was an idiot.

On the outside, Yellow was surprised at how calm she was. She smiled at Misty and Brock. "Well, it's nice meeting you too."

The two repeated the words back to her, genuinely happy to meet someone new. After a while, Birch finished explaining the rules. If a Pokémon faints, you stop fighting and take it to nurse Joy.

Easy enough.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Misty had sent out her Starmie, Brock his Onyx and Red was figuring out what Pokémon would be best against them. Yellow didn't really have any other Pokémon apart from ChuChu, so she leaned down to the mouse Pokémon who had been watching everything quietly.

"Do you wanna give it a go?",Yellow asked in a soothing voice and ChuChu looked at the Pokémon. She frowned and looked at Yellow.

"I don't want them to end up like Machamp Yellow..w-what if I-"

Yellow couldn't answer, if she did Brock and Misty would question her, so she just hugged ChuChu tightly. It was enough to calm her down, and ChuChu knew what Yellow wanted to say.

'It's okay, I'm here, I'll help you'

ChuChu then nuzzles her cheeks against Yellow's a bit, not a lot so as to not shock the blonde but enough for Yellow to know ChuChu appreciates her. Yellow smiled and pulled away from the hug and rose an eyebrow as a silent question.

ChuChu nodded and jumped on her trainer's arms.

"Come on ChuChu",Yellow says in a normal voice and that was enough to make ChuChu smile happily and dart forward. Red seemed to have finally chosen a Pokémon and sent out a familiar looking Pokémon, it was bigger but it had the same friendly and relaxed expression it had years ago. The bulb on its back, it was a huge pink plant now.

Once Venusaur saw Yellow, his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and he darted forward at Yellow.

"Hey wait- Saur Wait no-!",Red called out to his starter to try and stop him but he was too excited. He quickly tackled Yellow making the blonde fall backwards. Yellow quickly held onto her hat so it wouldn't fall off as she landed on the floor.

Before Red could scold Saur, he was surprised to hear giggling. Giggling.

Yellow was laughing.

Saur was licking his face happily, as if greeting an old friend. But, Saur never met him before...right? Red furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and was pleasantly happy to see the same expression on Misty and Brock's face.

"Nice to see you again too...",Yellow whispered to Saur and rubbed Saur's forehead, earning a small rumble of affection from the Pokémon's throat. Saur used his whips to help Yellow up and walked back to Red to listen to his commands.

Red, Brock and Misty were now giving Yellow questioning looks, as if asking her what the heck that was about. ChuChu was chittering to Saur, and she knew ChuChu was filling Saur in, Saur seemed to understand and gave Yellow a nod, as if saying that whatever Yellow said as an excuse, he'd go along with it.

Yellow gave the three a wry smile. "I uh...some Pokémon seem to like me a lot for some reason.",she said casting Red a knowing glance. Red blinked a couple of times and nodded a bit, as if understanding that it had something to do with her abilities. He quickly turned to Brock and Misty before they could question the two more than they have and smiled. "Let's get started then!"