Chapter 2

Chapter 2: beginnings Pt. 2

After that day, the boy would visit her everyday that she was at the hospital. She found out his name was Red, and he wanted to be a pokémon master. The reason he was in the Viridian Forest was because he heard Team Rocket was causing havoc there, while he didn't find them he did find her and he was glad, he couldn't think what would've happened if he hadn't.

The two got close, while Yellow never really revealed her name neither of them minded. The day Yellow was discharged from the hospital she was to be walked home by Red, her Uncle wanted to go to her house and get everything ready for her arrival.

Red did tell Yellow who Team Rocket was, and he had defeated their leader Giovanni which caused some destruction but other than that everyone was glad. Yellow was very impressed by him, she was told he was a student at Kanto middle school so a middle schooler defeating a organizations leader? That was far more than impressing.

Of course, he didn't leave unscathed. She remembered the day clearly. Nurse Joy was checking up on Yellow when suddenly a little machine on her hip started beeping rapidly. Confused, she looked at it and her eyes widened. She quickly dashed out and Yellow didn't think much of it. This wasn't unusual but it was worrisome, she hoped whoever was injured was okay.

After some time Yellow was walking around the hospital to make sure she could walk well. Once she had her fill of waking, Nurse Joy approached her nervously. Yellow frowned, she wondered what was wrong...

"Yellow...it's Red",she said looking at the young girl. Her green-yellow eyes widened as every possible horrible thought flashed through her brain. Before she started panicking, Nurse Joy soothed her worries.

"He fought Giovanni and won, he was severely injured but he's stable now. He's asking for you if you feel up to it...he says that if you don't want to see hi-",Nurse Joy began but Yellow quickly shook her head tears already rolling down her cheeks. "No,no I do!! Where is he?",the young girl asked desperately.

Once she was lead to his room, she hesitantly knocked on the door. She knows she shouldn't have, after Red's fourth visit he stopped knocking when Yellow told him not too. Red joked that he would stop if she wouldn't knock when he was in the hospital. He obviously got a pillow to his face for joking like that but she knew he was serious.

A muffled voice saying "come in",was heard and she opened the door. She peeked her head in and saw Red looking at her with a grin. The sight before her almost made her cry all over again. He had a few cuts and bruises on his face and arms, what was most noticeable was his chest. He wasn't a wearing a shirt, but that was because there were bandages covering him.

She hesitantly walked in and closed the door. She turned to him and walked forward once Red motioned for her to do so. Red looked at her eyes, he knew she was looking at all his cuts and bruises and bandages, he knew she was worried. He patted her head, and Yellow immediately looked at him.

"I'm okay",He says giving her a warm smile. He almost panicked when he saw tears forming in her eyes and roll down her cheeks, but his panic diminished once Yellow leaned into the touch like she usually did, her eyes closed as tears kept rolling down, a few sniffles were heard and Red felt horrible for making her worry.

She would visit him constantly while he was there since he wasn't allowed to walk yet, but once he was fine it was back to him visiting her. All was well for a while...

She knew Red wouldn't be able to stay with her for too long, but she was disappointed and sad when that day had to come so soon, specifically the day she was discharged.