Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Hat

After class, Red told Yellow to go with Green and Blue to lunch, he wanted to go and make sure Misty was alright. Yellow nodded in understanding and watched as Red walked off to find his girlfriend.

Yellow quickly turned away and started walking to lunch by herself. She didn't want to find Green and Blue, she wanted a few seconds to herself. She kept walking once she reached the outside, she took a few steps towards a table and sat down with a small sigh.

Red had a girlfriend

God, of course he did. That's part of life isn't it? You find someone you like and hopefully they feel the same, if they do then you ask each other out.

It's natural.

It's natural

It shouldn't hurt her.

It didn't have to hurt her.

She didn't want it to hurt her.

Why did it have to hurt her? Why did she keep it a secret? Why didn't she just tell Red from the start? What if he finds out? What if he's angry? What if he hates her?

So many thoughts swarmed her head and Yellow hid her face in her arms with tears stinging her eyes, she didn't care about the stinging pain coming from her cheek, or the fact that ChuChu was trying to rub her head on Yellow's stomach in comfort, she only had one thought.

'It's all because of this stupid hat'

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

After having her little mental melt down, Yellow sighed quietly, and was surprised to have someone sit next to her quickly.

"Hey Yellow!",a familiar high pitched voice called out to her. Yellow looked at the owner of the voice and smiled a bit. "Hey Sapph.."

As it turned out, Sapphire was actually Yellow's neighbor. The two had seen each other as they made their way to class and talked a bit on the way. In that walk like she had with Crystal, Yellow found out Sapphire was fourteen. She said that the reason she was in Kanto was because her dad got offered a job here, after Sapphire helped her dad complete the pokédex they had nothing better to do, and her dad wanted Sapphire to actually have an education so he agreed. She even mentioned how she met Ruby and Emerald and when Yellow questioned Sapphire if she had a crush on Ruby, the sapphire eyed girl said "yes" without hesitation.

"Why are ya so glum lookin'? Doesn't fit ya and your personality",Sapphire hummed placing both hands on her cheeks and watching Yellow. Yellow sighed quietly. "Don't worry I just...found something out and I'm just hating myself for being so stupid..."

"Oh don't say that Yellow! I know ya', ya' ain't stupid so whatever ya' found out bout' must've been pretty darn hard.",Sapphire said and Yellow shook her head with a small smile. "Thanks Sapph but..no I was being an idiot."

A small silence.

"Is this bout' Red?",Sapphire asked raising an eyebrow. Yellow's eyes widened and she quickly turned to Sapphire who had a small smirk, showing off a small cute fang.

"W-What?! No of course it isn't-!",Yellow denied, her face burning with every passing second.

"Mhm, course' it ain't",Sapphire hummed again and removed her hands from her cheeks then pointed her finger at Yellow's hat, making Yellow panic for a second.

That panic only increased with Sapphire's next words.

"Does anyone else know bout' ya bein' a girl?",Sapphire asked raising a brown eyebrow. Yellow's breath hitched, she waited for Sapphire to laugh and say 'just kidding!'