Chapter 4

Chapter 4: A new Beginning

Yellow was ecstatic. The whole time she was packing her stuff the day before she was supposed to take the train to her new home, her Uncle had been talking to her, telling her to be careful, that she can always come back if she wanted to. Yellow was too busy grabbing and packing her belongings to really listen.

ChuChu had never left her side before, so it was a no brainer that she was tagging along. After she found and healed ChuChu, many injured wild Pokémon went to her for help, sometimes she was dragged out to help.

Because of this, people named her "The Healer" and was feared by others despite being such a gentle girl. While battling wasn't her forte Yellow would for some reason get power boosts when battling idiots who would harm the the forest. It always only in the forest, and that made her happy. She always loved the forest anyway.

However as stated before, she was feared by others because if her abilities and this even created a small fan club of hers. People would help treat wounded Pokémon when she couldn't so she wasn't too worried, but she had an inkling feeling that when she came back, it wouldn't be for a good reason...

Yellow shook that thought away and kept packing. Everything would be fine, she'd be going to a new school, filled with people, people she's never met...

People with...

Very different personalities...

Oh no.

Yellow was developing social anxiety. How couldn't she? She'd been homeschooled most of her life, the only people she really knew were her Uncle and a couple of friendly neighbors but that's it. High School wouldn't be easy and she already regretted asking her Uncle to consider letting her go.

'No, come on Yellow he probably had to pull in a lot of favors to get you into this school, you can do this',Yellow thought determinedly. She can do this. She WILL do this.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

She couldn't do this.

Yellow gave her Uncle a small wave from her window while sitting on her seat on the train, she wasn't even a mile away from home and she already wanted to run to her Uncle and tell him she changed her mind. She didn't want this.

ChuChu, sensing her trainers distress, looked at her worriedly and licked her hand in comfort. Yellow looked at her and gave her a thankful smile. She wasn't alone, she had ChuChu who was basically a souvenir from home.

She would be fine. Even if she wasn't, it's not like it'd matter, she won't meet anyone she knows there right?

Right.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Yellow stood at gates of the giant high school, ChuChu at her shoulder and the two were studying everything. To say it was huge was an understatement, she was surprised the Kanto region wasn't mostly a high school building to be honest. The school was a pale brown color, it's windows were transparent and there was surprisingly a lot of greenery around. It almost reminded her of...

Yellow and ChuChu closed their eyes and took a deep breath. It felt like the Viridian Forest.

It felt like home

Yellow wanted to remove her hat, and let her ponytail flow against the clean air. It was so calm despite there being a bunch of chattering from other students. It just felt, right.

Before Yellow could open her eyes and walk forward, she felt a push from her back, then before she knew it she felt a stinging pain in her nose and she was looking at the dirt. There a was a moment to process this, and to hear ChuChu already sparking her cheeks in anger.