💜❌✅Bloody Macarons - (New year special 1) (4)

No worries, no gore! :D

(no seriously there's no gore just comedy/dark comedy)

781 words

-

A female worker was sweeping the floors of a bakery in the dark while talking to a man sitting back on a chair.

"Josh, have you ever pretended to kill someone in your life?" The female worker said.

"Yes," Josh said.

...

"What!? A murder has to have fun once in a while y'know! And what's even better is that the police thought I did kill them! They only fainted because I threated them plus the blood was only strawberry jam!" Josh said and laughing at the same time.

"Josh, I seriously never get you sometimes." She said, confused about whether she should laugh or not. Just then after finishing sweeping she remembers something.

"Oh, Josh be right back! I need to get something." She said, quickly putting all the dirt in the trash bin and opening a storage room to find something. Meanwhile, Josh sat there confused but shrugged and thought she has forgotten something to do.

Josh looked at the window seeing all the snow falling down on the streets making an average amount of snow piled on the sidewalk. The female worker came back to him "What's that?" Josh said and pointed, raising his head off the chair's back support.

"It's Macarons!" She said proudly.

...?

"Huh? I thought you would've been excited, I know you like sweet things so..." She said.

"What's a Macaron?"

...

"WHAT!?" She shouted.

"Okay hold the phone-" "holding a telephone," Josh said while holding a phone in his hand. She gave them a 'really' face. "Okay, okay! Seriously what are Macarons." He said.

"Wait you're being serious right now?" She said in confusion if he's kidding or not. "Yes, you said it's sweet right?" Josh said excitedly. "You're like 17 and you don't even know what a Macaron is?" She asked. "Nope!" He quickly replied.

"But... Can I have some :D" He said. She scratches her hair looking down, opening the box. "Sure I was going to give a few to you since it's almost new years." She looked across from her then to the clock and pointed the time, 11:54 Am.

"Wow that's a lot of colours," Josh said peeking above the box. "You can pick any small package it's your choice and- Oh! They have different flavours of the colour they have!" She explained. Josh looked at her, then back to the box, soon he saw one Macaron that is very red in one small package with other colourful Macarons together. "I'll pick this one!" he said, taking the small box of Macaron's out of the box, then opening up the small package taking the bright red Macaron out of it.

"Wow that's really red, that probably has a lot of flavour." Impressed by how red the macaron was. "Like a Bloody Macaron!" Josh said ruining the moment. "Now I think about it... I lost my appetite." She said, imaging macarons filled with blood inside it. She shivered holding her sides, while Josh popped it into his mouth without hesitation. "Is it... Good?" She said unsure.

He grinned, jumping, as a child would. "So I guess that's a yes?" She said, never even seen him this cheerful before which made her think it was kinda cute. Josh nodded in reply. "That's probably the best taste, I would ever taste!" He said, still smiling while his female smiled along with him. Josh soon realized what he said and coughed. "I mean thank you." He said, pretending what he said and did never occurred. "Er. Your welcome?" She said.

Soon the both of them heard shouting about 'HAPPY NEW YEAR' next door to them. The two of them looked at the time it was 12:00 Am. "Time flies doesn't it?" He says. "Yeah, it sure does." She said hearing the fireworks outside. "Hey Josh, what are you going to do this year?" She said.

...

"Kill people!" He grinned, holding his knife out.

"NO! That's not what I meant!" She said.

"Then what were you intending me to say? That's all I have to say!" Josh said, holding up his hands as if he's innocent.

"Goodness, gracious what am I gonna do with you?" She laughed.

Josh smiles, but then fades and stopped keeping his hands up. He closed his eyes looking below the floor a little bit. He took a deep breath before looking up at her.

"Hey Amelia," Josh stared at her face.

"Hm? Something wrong?" She questions.

"When are you gonna start visiting your family?"

-

First written: 12/29/2018

Finished writing 12/30/2018 (A little early I guess XD)

Edited: 9/11/2019