𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 [ fireworks. ]

Author's Note: And here we are... Let me tell you a thing - this was not easy to write up so fast! That being said, this is the most excitement in one chapter. A little fluff, a little comedy, and whole lot of action! And I'm pleased to bring you the first Staddie moment! Season 2 is going to be full of them. Their growing friendship is just so fun to write [the romance should be equally interesting down the road]. Anyway, I bring you part one of the two part Act One finale! Enjoy [and leave me some love]!

Song Recommendation ["Lydia" - Highly Suspect]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

It's only a tragedy when you start to care.

☽ † ☾

Yes, Madeline knew what a dance was – as she previously explained to Stiles

The problem was she had never been to one; her expertise made a full stop at the parties in the warehouse district of San Francisco. Of course, those were nothing like this.

As she walked into the gym she gawked at the decorated room. Pastel streamers were strewn all over the place and colored lights danced along the walls and floors as upbeat music pulsed from the large speakers. The warehouse parties had a different energy - more people and manic lighting to match dizzying mood and the never-ending bass pounding at her ear drums. Something both euphoric and claustrophobic.

This was...tame. Pristine, like there was a polish over everything and everyone.

Her eyes floated over the students as she walked further into the room, trying to find someone she recognized. If she was lucky, it'd be Allison considering the imminent threat; if she wasn't so lucky... her eyes fell on a shadow moving along the side of the bleachers. Her brows furrowed and she carefully made her way over.

As she got closer though, her guard lowered. There was Scott, crouched in his suit and feebly hiding along the wooden seats. He spotted her and gave a nod which she returned before continuing through the crowd. It wasn't long before she spotted more people she knew of course. Sitting at a table at the edge of the crowd were the bored figures of Lydia and Stiles. She took a deep breath in and strode over to them, plopping her bag down in an empty seat.

This seemed to call their attention and she gave a thin smile as she set her jacket down on the back of the chair. Lydia looked positively smug upon seeing her while Stiles gave the impression that he was still processing what he was seeing. Not like he was impressed, but more like it didn't quite compute. She ignored both reactions for the time being though. "Aren't you people supposed to have fun at these things?"

"It's about time," Lydia chided the girl but looked absolutely relieved. She analyzed Maddie carefully. "Spin."

Maddie folded her arms, feeling particularly self conscious. "I am not spinning."