𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 [ pressure. ]

A/N: FINALLY! This was really tough to get through. Just work and stress at hom all mixed together, y'know? Anyway, for those of you who would like to take advantage of my askfm to find out more about the fic account, my username is going to be playpretendx!

Also for those who are not familiar with Buffy the Vampire Slayer (first of all thank you for sticking with the fic), there is a fanvid I found and posted on the side to give you the gist on what Maddie is and why it's so integral to the story. Enjoy!

Song Recommendation ["No Different" - Tonight Alive]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

+

Buffy: I've been...working. I've been busy because I have to.

Dawn: No! You've been avoiding me!

Buffy: I'm not! I have to do these things cause... cause when I stop, then she's really gone. And I'm trying- Dawn, I'm really trying to care care of things but...I don't even know what I'm doing!

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Forever"

☽ † ☾

Ghosts terrify you. They're proof we cannot live forever but our suffering has an infinite shelf life.

☽ † ☾

"Are you sure?"

"Are you sure?"

"Are you serious?"

Allison was taken aback by the question and the incredulous look that her friend gave her. She straightened her spine and pushed herself away from the locker she'd been leaning on. "I just wanted to make sure that you were okay."

"Allison," Lydia's eyes narrowed on her friend, "sweetie. It was just a bad day. That's it." Allison could tell that Lydia was becoming more and more defensive each time she brought it up but she couldn't help but be worried for the girl. The past few weeks had been horrifyingly bad no matter her efforts toward the contrary. Even so, she decided to drop it. Before she could start a new conversation topic though, Lydia went on as she closed her locker. "Besides, I'm not the one you should be worried about."

The brunette's brow creased and she frowned slightly. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, please. Like it's not obvious." The strawberry blonde rolled her eyes dramatically and glanced over at Allison again, who seemed utterly dumbfounded. Lydia's eyes widened only slightly. "You really don't know, do you?"

Allison's shoulders slumped in defeat. "Know what? Lydia, what's going on?"

A light as air sigh escaped her friend's lips as she nodded for Allison to follow as she walked down the hallway. It took several minutes to get to their destination and Lydia hadn't said one word the whole way there. Before the youngest Argent knew it, she was standing outside the gym doors, which were currently shut but on the other side came the most curious sounds.