𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 [ to shanshu ]

A/N: I...I don't know what to say. Thank you.

Thank you so, so much.

Shanshu is the name of a prophecy from Buffy's spin-off, Angel. It means both to live and to die.

Song Recommendations ["Hometown" - Twenty One Pilots

"Welcome Home, Son" - Radical Face

"Shake the Ground" - Cherri Bomb ]

NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

"It's been a long road getting here. For you. [...] There has been achievement, joy, good times. And there has been grief. There's been loss. Some people who should be here today...aren't. But we are. Journeys end. And what is a journey? Is it just.. distance traveled? Time spent? No. It's what happens on the way, it's the things that shape you. At the end of the journey you're not the same. Today is about change. [...] You ascend to a higher level. Nothing will ever be the same.

Nothing."

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Graduation Day, Part 2

☽ † ☾

"Come on!"

"Come on!"

"No."

"Please?"

"No!"

"I swear it won't kill you."

"Stiles."

"Humor me just this once. I'll never bring it up again."

Maddie grimaced. "Orgnac."

"Did you say the name or did you just throw up?" Stiles said with a grin.

"What? I was twelve!" Maddie shot him a glare as they walked, narrowly avoiding a tree branch. "And she was a half orc. Orcs are supposed to have names that sound like throwing up."

Stiles took a moment, perhaps considering her logic - or the logic of the preteen version of her.

"A female half orc named Orgnac," he said squinting in front of him as Maddie wondered if he was picturing it. "I'm guessing you weren't a bard?"

"Barbarian."

"Ax?"

"Scythe." Maddie shrugged. "It was a horror campaign. Xander DM'ed."

"I didn't know you were such a nerd." He was watching her again with that look - somewhere between astonishment and pure bliss. "Wait, what's your opinion on Star Wars?"