𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 [ intrigued. ]

A/N: You're welcome. ;D

Song Recommendation ["About a Girl" - The Academy Is...]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

Loving the idea of a person cannot hold a candle to liking someone as they are.

☽ † ☾

"What do you mean don't worry about it?"

"I mean don't worry about it," Allison repeated over the phone. Maddie had finally answered the constantly buzzing device and was greeted with a panicked Allison explaining things Maddie already knew. Now, the slayer found herself stalking the car from before as it sat at a red light. In seconds, she heard her friend's voice once again. "I'll take care of the deputy. You go help the others."

"The others? As in...?" Maddie trailed off curiously.

"Stiles and Derek; they're heading to the Sheriff's Department."

Why did I even ask? Maddie thought, grimacing. "Fine. Just be careful."

"You too," Allison replied quickly and even a bit agitatedly before the line went dead.

The traffic light switched from red to green and the red SUV sped off, leaving Madeline behind in the dust. It was infuriating; she was taking orders from everyone anymore. Her fists clenched and unclenched rhythmically for a moment until the car was completely out of sight. She checked her phone for the time, not that it mattered all that much. She could get there in time - that was no question. Hell, she could probably beat Stiles' jeep there if she really wanted to. Honestly though, she was in less of a hurry with Derek being there and not only because he could handle the situation.  Mostly, she found Derek difficult to work with and tad bit too concerned with self-preservation.

It didn't help that the first thing she heard about him was a lie that Scott told, so maybe she was being a little biased.

Either way, she was only a mile or two from the station and the least she could do was fast walk the rest of the way there, which was exactly what she did. Regardless of her enhanced abilities, tailing a car on foot was incredibly tiring and walking seemed like the smarter of her remaining options – with a bit of jogging to keep from falling too far behind. Along the way, she had attempted to get in contact with Stiles, who hadn't answered his phone. This should've led to some unease but instead only mildly irritated her.

She spotted the blue jeep in front of the Sheriff's department, unfortunately empty. She huffed agitatedly and directed her attention to the inside of the building when something shining on the ground caught her attention. Kneeling down, she got closer look at what it was streaked across the pavement and brushed her index finger across the cement before examining it. Her eyes widened. Blood. Fresh blood, trailing into the station. Her heart began pumping quicker as she stood and tore into the building.