Dad?

Keith's POV (sort of i'ts 3rd person)
Current age:14    (By the way for info the story is mostly about Keith's backstory changing is behavior.  No worries, there will be a lot for Lance too)  (They also won't be 14 forever it's just flashbacks)
-Flashback-

      The colors sped by fast, zooming like race cars competing for first place spot.  Just like summer currently competing with fall wanting to stay longer, but fall wasn't gonna let that happen.  Though it was late-October, the leaves were just now changing to there yellows and oranges and light browns adding a pop of  color to the usual plain green leaves above everyone's head.

      "Dad?" The little black haired boy spoke kicking against his seat and fiddling with his fingernails as usual caused by his constant ADHD.

      "Yes, Keith?" The older man responded to his fourteen year old son softly, but still concentrating on the road.

      "Are we still going out to the um- great um... Roller coaster thing...uh..."

      "Great America?"his father chuckled out, in trance by his son's goofy behavior as always.

      "Yeah!  Are we still going tomorrow?"

      Keith's eyes were radiating excitement and glowing with joy.  He was fourteen and still hadn't been on a roller coaster and was in hopes that the next day he could finally have the chance to ride one.  It was towards the end of his eighth grade year of middle school and his dad finally agreed on letting him go.

      "Of course.  We've been planning this forever now.  I promised you.  Is Shiro still coming with us too?"

      "Yep!  We've already planned what rides were going on all in order!"

      "Alright then.  Let's go pick up a few groceries from the store then we'll go back home and gladly talk more about Great America later.  Alright buddy?"

      "Okay!  And dad?"

      "Yes, Keith?"

      "We need more chips."

      "Wait- what?  I just bought some!" His dad spoke utter in shock, "Did you eat them all?"

      "Maybe..."

      "Keith?" He spoke in a monotone voice, looking down at his short son squinting.

      "Okay, fine.  Yep.  I ate all the chips."

      "Okay!  Looks like we gotta buy more then I guess.  You've got issues, kid."

      "I know."

      They both laughed as the young teens father parked there car and the headed inside.

•••

Next day...

      "Alrighty Keith?  Did you text Shiro we're outside his house?"

      "Yep.  He'll be out soon!"

      A minute later another teen, obviously taller and about a year older than Keith scrambled down his stairs and rushed into Keith's car.

      Keith was in the backseat so that him and Shiro could hang out.  They were going early in the morning and were only a town over so they would probably be back at around five.

      The entire way there they were rambling on and on about the kids at school, favorite TV shows, and how exciting it will be to go down the many roller coasters at the park.  It was a very special day for Keith.