Terrifying Talk

I apologize for any extra typos.  I usually write on my laptop, but tonight I had to use my phone.  Also if the chapter's extra crappy today, it's because it's about 3AM and I'm  going through some hard stuff right now with my brother still.  I apologize.  I also didn't re-read,  I'm too exhausted right now.  I just hurt so much.  Physically and mentally.

Also my adorable dog.  ^^^^  Bad picture, but oh well.

***

Almost everybody had fallen asleep by then, and Keith could only hope that one of them was Matt and that he had forgotten to talk to him.  Pidge and Hunk were chilling in the game room together playing video games violently.  He could hear the faint screams of Hunk getting exploded by a creeper in Minecraft and Pidge losing and blaming the joystick while playing an old Pacman machine.

Keith grunted and put his phone down finally ready to sleep when an obviously worried Matt walked into the room.

"Keith, wanna go for a little walk?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, but it obviously wasn't much of a question.

"Do I even have a choice?" Keith sighed rolling his eyes and standing up.

Matt smirked a bit, "Nope!"

"Of course..."

***

Sooner than he thought, Keith ended up sitting on a swing at Goold Park.

Him and Matt sat silently only swaying slowly and barely kicking with their feet.

"Keith, when'd start..doing it again...?"

Keith coughed a little, "I don't know..."

Keith quicklily lit up a cigarette and took his first puff from it.

Matt heavily sighed, "Keith, I know it's difficult to talk about, and I know you know when you relapsed.  I-I just really care about you.  You keep on.. harming yourself in all these cruel ways and it really hurts knowing you feel this way.  Whether it be smoking, drugs, or self-inflicted cutting.  It just sucks to watch you fall apart.

"I only snorted cocaine four times..."

"Still more than I have!  I meam- ugh, I'm sorry...I know I can come off as harsh.  I just-" Matt pulled at his own hair, "Can I... can I just see the um- the- your wrist...?"  Matt seemed shakey.

Keith held his arm to his chest almost protectively debating his response.

"Matt, I don't know...  It's really bad looking, and really hard to show people."  Keith stared at the ground and kicked at the sand anxiously.

"Please, Keith?"  Matt grabbing Keith's chin and staring into his eyes.

Keith automatically diverted his visiin from him and twiddled with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Are you sure you wanna...uhm?"

"Please, Keith"

Keith grunted trying to prevent himself from uncontrollably crying as a single tear slipped down his red cheek slowly.  Shaking rapidly, Keith slowly rose up his sleeve looking at it himself for a hot minute befire looking away and handing his arm over to Matt.  Keith refused to look at Matt's wide-eyed reaction as he stared off in the completely other direction.

Keith's heart broke when he heard a loud gasp from the boy next to him.

"Keith..."

Keith suddenly hiccuped no longer sustaining the abililty to hold in his sobs as he began to break down.

"No no no!  Don't cry, buddy!  Please, I'm here.  Just whenever you feel down please get ahold of me.  I'll help you, I promise.  I would always stay up all night for you.  I couldn't ever inagine a life without you, you're so important to me.  You're my brother, I love you.  You've been through so much, I'll never judge you.  Please, just stop doing these things to yourself."

"I-I can't!  I-It's just too hard.  It feels nice sometimes- it helps me forget.  It's a good form of self punishment."

"Keith!  You don't need to punish yourself like that!  Why would you do that to yourself!"

"I don't know Matt, it's just become a habit by now.  I can't stop!"

"Keith, I know, but you need to!  For me, please.  Those scars aren't gonna leave you anytime soon.  Try something else to cope!  Painting, exercising, music!  Just not this!"

Keith hit rock bottom sobbing even harder with no end in sight.

"Keith, I'm sorry.  We should get home soon..."

Keith hiccuped and whaled, "N-no!  Please!  I don't wanna m-move!  They can't see me like this!"

"Keith!"

Keith wiped at his face trying to rid of his excessive snot and tears.  He grabbed at his arms hugging himself and tryed to keep composure, but he instead burst into another wave of hardcore sobs.

"Come herw, lil Keef.  I've gotchu, everything's okay.  Please calm down and breath.

"B-but-but-"

"Sshhh...calm down, I've gotchu.  Sshhh..."

Matt wrapped his arms tightly around Keith holding his head against his shoulder and running his fingers gently through his hair.

Minutes passed  Keith finally calmed down only left with swollen red eyes and blotchy cheeks.  His nose was raw and he only wanted to be cuddled into a warm and soft blanket and sleep.

He heard a low rumble and looked up to see bright headlights pull into the park shinging at then and Lance jog out of the car towards them.

Keith glared at Matt.

"You invited Lance?"

"Chill, man.  I just invited him to pick us up.

Keith huffed and crossed his arms not wanting Lance to see him like this.

Lance began walking as he got closer and furrowed his eyes brows at the sight of Keith's blotchy face and kneeled in front of him rubbing his thumb over his rosy cheeks.  The distress among Keith's facial expression killed him.

"Oh Keith, were you crying?  You okay baby?"

"Yeah..I just wanna go home and sleep."

"Do you wanna return to your apartment and sleep or something?"

Keith sniffled, "Yeah...That sounds nice.  Can...Can you stay the night with me...?"  Keith questioned with a soft expression glancing up at him causing him to blush.

"Yes!  Of course!"  Lance replied honestly surprised.

"Okay, thank you.  I just need to grab my charger from Allura's house."

"Okay."

Matt began to snap in the background.  "Yo!  I'm still here!"  He smirked crossing his arms at looking at Lance and Keith as Lance was laying his jacket over Keith's shoulders lightly.

Keith and Lance blushed a bit.

"Alright, let's get going you two love birds!  Matt said standing up from his swing and dusting off his pants harshly.

Keith groaned, "I have a boyfriend!  Lance is just a friend!"  Keith shouted with frustration.

"About that, I have some talking to do with you two in the car..."