Pigeons, Theories, and Fights.

(Keith is now 17 aka present time)

      "Pigeon- send me that link on Mothman you found!" Keith shouted from the kitchen as he walked back out shaking his hands.

      "It's Pidge- and sure.  It's in the group chat."

      "Thank Jesus!  Okay.  I'll get it out later."

      "Wearing a flannel again Keith?  It's hot outside, dude."

      "Not really- and it looks nice..."

      "Whatever you want, child." Pidge spoke, shaking her head and looking back down at her laptop."

      "Seriously?  You're the shorter one."

      "By a couple inches, you hoe."

      "Bitch." Keith responded back, folding his arms.

      "Language!" Shiro shouted from the kitchen, causing Keith's eyes to roll.

      "Shut up, dad!" Keith yelled back along with a dramatic eye roll"

      "You know Keith, you didn't always have this much of an attitude!"

      "And you weren't always this much of a dad!"

      Pidge rolled onto the floor, and let her arms sprawl out and huffed out a strong sigh.  "I'm bored..."

      "Well, school starts in an hour."

      "That won't be much better if Lance didn't finish his homework again."

      "You're friends with Lance?" Keith asked, arms still crossed with his signature raised eyebrow.  He had heard of Lance from people's discussions in the hallway, but never really had interest himself.  The only time he really talked with Lance was when they were probably fourteen or fifteen and Keith had barely even known Pidge as it was and they all hung out and had a sleep over for Pidge's birthday.

      "Yeah, he's a dick, but he's definitely a nice one to have around."

      Keith grabbed his bag as he once again checked and made sure his sleeves were tugged down.  No reason.

      "Pidge?  You ready?" Keith said, strolling towards the door.

      "Yep."

      "Shiro?"

      "Not yet.  Meet you guys at school.  I'll be a bit."

      "Okay."

      Keith opened the door for Pidge, letting her walk through first before following shortly behind her.

      Keith right away lit a cigarette as Pidge purposely over exaggerated some coughs.

      "You need to quit smoking, dickhead." Pidge spoke with a slight, but not harmful scowl.

      Keith looked down to the side guiltily, "I'm sorry..."

      "Whatever.  Anyways, we're walking, right?"

      "Yep.  I'll be home tonight by the way, not going anywhere."

      "Alright.  Anyways, nice talking, but I gotta go meet up with Hunk and Lance."

      "Okay.  Bye."  Keith said as walked away waving. 

      Pidge began to walk away before she quickly turned back around to my direction once again.

      "Oh yeah!  Almost forgot, tonight mom and dad are staying at a hotel for a date and I'm going to hang out with Lance and Hunk!  Sorry, but you're on your own!"  Pidge shouted from in front of him.

Great.

Just great.

      That means I'm going to have to stay at my apartment alone.  Alone.

      Keith nodded and walked off, a lonely pit in his stomach once again.  He would never admit it, but he loved having others around.  He just felt that he couldn't trust them with thinking he relied on them that much.  He didn't want to rely on anybody; no.  Scratch that.  He wanted somebody to rely on, he just couldn't bring himself to do so.  It has never gone well before, so what makes now any different?

      Keith suddenly felt anxious for no apparent reason but the memories flashing through his head of past mistakes and memories burning his chest and ripping his mind to shreds.  He suddenly wanted to scream.  Tell the world his issues, but he saw how useless this was.  If he didn't bottle them up, they would once again be bottled up or used against him in the future.

      To him, his life felt like a train ride experience from hell.  A not too long train ride in the making feeling like an eternity as it constantly keeps trudging through thick murky waters and destructive accidents while constantly swerving off track.  Giving the rider a terrorizing experience and holding happiness above it's head like a bone out of reach.  Setting experience after experience with only more terror afterwards to cake on top of it all.  Pushing him and nudging him closing to the edge of a cliff, threatening to push him off when he's happy, and putting barricades and restraints up at his worst.

       Sometimes?  Sometimes he wanted to jump off of this metaphorical cliff.

      End this train of destruction.

      Yet he couldn't.

      The dimming light screams,

      Pidge

      Shiro

      His family overall.

      The people who deserve happiness, who don't deserve loss.

      Then the light brightens.  He cries.  Sobs.  Breaks down.  Feels alive.  Lives.

      And he's on for the rest of the fight.

***

(768 words, the game is weak.  Oh well.  I'm sorry. 😂