Party

***

I winced and shook my head as my fourth cup of Captain and Coke went down my throat.  Loud noises of strangers chatting around me made my head pound as I wove through the crowd of hormonal teenagers (like myself).

I sat on the couch miserably and shooed away the casual flying hand of drunk dancers.  I somehow let the night take over and began to lose count on how many drinks I've had.

My lips felt swollen from unknowingly making out harshly with several people (not that I'll remember much, that's good though.  I don't want to remember).

I stepped outside with a small hiccup and called Shiro.

Shiro answered almost right away.

Calling: Shir-bro...

Shiro: "Keith, you okay?  It's 4:20 AM."

Keith: "Y-yeah.  Can you um- maybe pick me up?"

Shiro:  "Of course.  You sure you okay?  Where you at?"

Keith: "Ye-es.  910 Daibazaal Ave."

Shiro: "Yeesh, Keith.  What're you doing all the way over there?"

Keith: "Party."

Shiro: "Oh, Keith.  Seriously?  I'll be there in about ten minutes.   Be ready.  Okay?"

Keith: "Yep."

Call Ended

Keith sighed as he lit up a second cigarette and sat on the stairs of the larger sized house.

He played music on his headphones in attempt to pass time and distract himself from reality, but it didn't seem to work.  No matter what he did, he couldn't forgot.

He couldn't fucking forget.

Just let him fucking. Forget.  Even for just a little.

He stood up, finished his third bottle of beer, and chucked the empty bottle into the freshly mowed lawn.  He felt sick, but pushed it aside.  Doesn't fucking matter anyway.

He quickly finished his last puff of cigarette and stomped out the butt before sitting back down.  At least until Shiro's car pulled up and he had to stand again.

He stumbled and opened the door of Shiro's car and sat down with silence.

Shiro's gaze burned holes through him.  He oddly seemed worried.

"Jesus, Keith.  How much did you fucking drink?"

"I-I don't know.  I just wanna go home..."

"Alright, wanna stay in my guest bedroom for tonight?"

"Yeeah..."  He then coughed and covered up his mouth.

"Let's get you home..."

"I'm sorry you have to take care of me like this..."

"No, no!  It's fine, Keith.  Just please don't do this again.  You nearly killed me.  I was worried.

"I'm sorry..."

"It's fine, just make better choices."

"Why do you always act like such a dad?"  Keith asked.

"When haven't I?  Shiro responded.

Keith chuckled.

"We're home."

"Thank you, Shiro..." Keith spoke.