Strawberries and Joints

FYI, this does involve smoking Marijuana/Cannabis for people who don't agree with that kind of thing.

I pressed the joint gently against my lips and took a long extended drag letting peace slowly wash over me.  A fresh way of thinking and change of vibe replaced almost every ounce of current negative emotion in my body.

Lance, who was currently next to me, took a drag of his own soon after.  I was currently 11:30 PM and we sat in a blind spot in the back alley of the gas station he worked at smoking while he was on break.

"Thanks for coming out here, Keith.  Work's stressful as fuck today.  That chick was bat shit crazy.  Thankfully I had an extra shirt."  Lance ranted.

"What even made her throw her froster at you, anyway?"

"Apparently I was ringing up her crap fast enough.  Dumb bitch.  I was going at a perfectly fine speed."

Keith intensely watched as Lance flailed around frazzled with anger and frustration an smirked.  Cute, not gonna lie.

Lance looked over catching him staring causing him to blush and look away.

A smirk tangoed it's way onto Lance's face.  He grabbed Keith's chin and turned his face towards his own.  "Taking a look, Kogane?  Hm.  Take a picture and it'll last longer."

Keith's eyes widened, temporarily caught in Lance's trap.  He didn't think his face could get any redder, but of course his pale ass could bed to differ.  His eyebrows furrowed with a challenge as a smile overtook his features.

"Not a chance, McClain."

About a good fifteen minutes later, the joint's wonderful effects started to get more noticeable.  Keith's stomach began to growl as he took his final drag and sighed.

"You hungry?" Lance questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, fuckin munchies can suck a dick.  I could eat a whole friggin store right now"

Lance chuckled at Keith's obvious change in demeanor.  Only slight, obviously.  Weed can only do so much, but their was still a fine line between sober and high Keith.  Keith seemed a lot more loose and comfortable  under the influence.  Damn, they need to smoke together more often.

"Did you just say friggin?  Heh, come on.  Let's go inside.  I'll buy us some chips.  Thank God Rolo let me go on break longer to cool down, he's pretty cool.  He's seriously addicted to drugs though, and I mean the hardcore shit.  Nyma will be coming to take my shift soon.  We can go out to eat.  Sound good, Keithy boy?"

"Hell yes."  Then it hit and he froze up a bit.  "Wait- did you say Rolo?"

Keith used to be really good friends with Rolo, and they still talk a bit.  It's just that Rolo got into really rough drugs such as Heroine and Cocaine and he was never into that shit.  Rolo doesn't do Heroine anymore, but he still does Coke.

"Yeah, he's my coworker, why?"

Keith brushed it off.  Whatever.  "Oh, nothing.  I've just heard his name before, that's all."

"Okay."  Lance lead Keith through the back door and waved to Rolo.  Rolo automatically reconized Keith and lit up.

"Kogane!  I haven't seen you around in a hot minute!  I wasn't sure if you were even alive!"  Rolo let out a good laugh and walked out from behind the counter and over to Keith patting his back.  Lance was confused and pointed to Keith and The Rolo.

"You two know eachother?"

"Fuck yeah we do!  Me and Keith used to hang out all the time.  When you said you were gonna go for a smoke break and have a friend bring some stuff to calm you down I didn't think it would be Keith here.  He was never into that kind of stuff.  He must've changed."

"Wow, Keith.  Never saw you hanging out with that crowd."  Lance smiled crossing his arms and watching as Rolo gave the very obviously awkward Keith a one-armed hug.

Keith awkwardly smiled.  "There' a lot of things you don't know about me."

"I wanna know every single thing."  Lance spoke happily.

"Ooh!  Here's something!  Keith was always the innocent one of the group- no sex- no drugs."  Keith butted in and Lance seemed amused at the small Keith's anger.

"You don't need to exploit everything about me!"  Keith shouted.  Rolo laughed.

"Right. Anyway-we were at out hangout screwing around and shit.  Smoking and all that crap, but of course Keith here wasn't getting involved.  So we decided we needed to get him involved somehow.  We grabbed his phone-"

"Oh gosh, not this one."  Keith spoke facepalming.

"Shush.  Anyway.  We grabbed his phone from him- mind you he's always been short and couldn't get it so easily.  We threatened to throw his phone into the creek if he didn't get stoned.  He was mad as fuck, but went at it anyway.  He totally didn't know what he was doing and went into a fit of coughing.  He was hilarious though.  He talked through this deep shit and ended up chucking his phone in the water anyway.  Dumbass!"

"Hey!  It wasn't that bad!  At least somebody hurried and saved my phone.   I'm not that bad, and I'm fine right now!"

"Still grumpy, I see."  He laughed giving Keith a small nuggie.

Lance was busted out laughing by then.  Ha.  Everything was Hah.

Nyma then pulled into the parking lot and Lance went and clocked out of his shift.

"Come on, Keith.  Let's go eat out."

"Yep.  Mhm."

***

882 words.