Hobbits

A vast cornfield separated Roswehn and her horse from the Hobbit Shire.

As Roswehn crossed it, she hoped that the owner of that ectaroon was not around, since, in proceeding, the horse was mowing the crops.

In fact, someone yelled.
"Who's going through my crops with a horse !!" It was a masculine voice. "Look...what a mess ... it's a disaster!" Roswehn also heard two dogs barking, not very far from her.

"Come on, let's go!" She spurred Elrond's horse. "Let's get out of here, quick!"
Roswehn galloped across the entire field of corn, but when she tried to slow the horse down, it didn't obey. The dogs had scared it to death. It continued its impetuous race until finally they got out of the cornfield. The horse, under the light of the sun, calmed down suddenly.

Roswehn sighed with relief and, turning her eyes, saw a small river, which flowed calmly. She then saw a mill, built on the bank, whose wheel moved, dragged by the current. There was also a stone bridge.

In front of her, stood a child.
A beautiful little girl, to be precise. Blonde, her hair left free in many golden curls, a plump little doll's face. She was carrying a straw basket full of apples in her arms, but - because of the amazement of finding herself in front of a woman of the Tall People - she had dropped them all on the ground.

Roswehn immediately dismounted from the animal. "Hey ... who are you?" She tried to ask. But the little Hobbit girl screamed and ran away.
She went to call her parents, Roswehn thought. And I do not think they will welcome me.

In fact, two Hobbits came out of the mill, a man and a woman. The blonde girl remained hidden behind the door of the house.
"Why the hell have you entered my property?" the man shouted, "... that horse could have stepped on my daughter, are you crazy ?!"

Roswehn apologized. "I lost control of the animal, forgive me, it's not mine ... they gave it to me ..." she mumbled, while the Hobbit man stared at her. "And I think I am lost."

"Lost ?!" the Hobbit woman said, "... where are you going? This is not the territory of Tall People. The village of Bree is over there."

"I'm coming from there, this is the Shire, isn't it?" she asked, looking around.

"This is the Eastfarthing of the Shire ... where are you headed to, exactly?" the half-man asked, he was as tall as a Dwarf and round like a barrel. He kept observing her as one observes something too unbelievable to be true. They probably never saw tall humans there.

"I have to find a Hobbit from your community, it's called Bilbo Baggins." she replied.

"The Baggins are in the Westfarthing , there's none here ..." his wife said.

"Oh, and how can I get to Westfarthing, can you tell me?" Roswehn retorted, starting to feel irritated. She had enough of travelling in that suffocating heat.

"Follow that path there, that one paved with pebbles ... and go straight on ..." the Hobbit explained, pointing with his hand in that direction.

"But how will I recognize the Westfarthing?" Roswehn asked again. She had maps of all of Arda except the Shire.

"Because it is the richest and most populated area. And then, I've often heard about these Baggins, it's a wealthy family ... it will not be difficult for you to find that guy. And now ... get out of my property, you're scaring my hens!" The little man said.

"Thanks for the information, and for your courtesy." Roswehn retorted.

                                                                                   🌹🌹🌹