A King in Rivendell

Roswehn was sleeping peacefully in the comfortable bed of her room in Rivendell.

She had decided to stay a few days there, as if her subconscious had suggested to delay her inevitable return to Greenwood. The anxiety of facing Thranduil tormented her.

She felt as if the claws of a raptor shrug her shoulders inexorably, whenever she imagined the moment of the announcement.

I'm waiting for a baby. Your son.

She was awakened by a loud, long horn sound, the same one she had heard when she had crossed  Rivendell's border for the first time.
Someone had arrived.

Soon after, other sounds rose in unison, in a crescendo like that of a fanfare in honor of a King.
A King.

The woman woke up completely and quickly got out of bed. In a flash, and resisting the usual morning sickness, she wore one of the beautiful dresses she had received from the people of Imladris, and rushed out.

It could not be him.
Thranduil had already gone to Rivendell once and he had not liked it at all: that land was too sunny, too colorful, so different from his obscure realm.

But it was him.

From a distance Roswehn recognized the golden armors of Eryn Galen's soldiers. She immediately saw the beautiful face of whom had occupied all her dreams and nightmares since she had left Eryn Galen.

Thranduil dismounted from his horse and approached Roswehn: he was solemn and elegant in his usual silver brocade attire. "Here is my little butterfly, which flew away again and again got lost." He said.

Roswehn threw herself in his arms without saying a word, because she was too excited to speak.

"You managed to drag me back here, you know how much I hate this place." The king whispered, then kissed gently her lips, a kiss which would have become much more passionate if Elrond had not arrived in the meantime.
With Lindir at his side, they watched the unexpected effusions of that icy King.

"Welcome back to Imladris, Thranduil," the lord of Rivendell said. "I am surprised to see you again."

"I have come to take back something that belongs to me, something...extremely important." Thranduil informed him, holding Roswehn tight. "Thank you for letting her stay here, again."

"Do not thank me, your rose brought some beauty in Rivendell, too." Elrond answered, politely.

"I guess you two want to be left alone, Lindir, please, take care of our new guests." Elrond said to his advisor, who had kept his eyes down all the time. He had to repeat it. "Lindir ... will you?"

"No." Thranduil intervened. "First I must talk to you, Elrond, in private, and immediately."

Elrond looked at him in surprise, then nodded. "As you wish."

Roswehn hugged the King. "But, you've just arrived ..."

"Do not be impatient, my precious flower ..." he said, kissing her forehead. "I'll come to you soon, I got news that will please you."
He noticed the Evenstar, the crystal pendant that shone on Roswehn's breast. "You bring something of immense value for Elves ... a gift from Elrond?"

"Yes, but it's for you. I intended to give it to you after my return to Greenwood. " she answered.
Thranduil gave a fleeting glance of gratitude to the Lord of Rivendell, then said to her, "You can keep it for the moment."

"Listen ... you have to know something ... it's important." Roswehn murmured, feeling her heart beating furiously.

"Later." the king answered. "Wait for me in your room. It won't take long."