Explanation

"Now, Legolas, now you have to open your ears and listen to me, and when I say listen to me, I mean that you do not have to miss a syllable of what will come out of my lips." Roswehn said as they walked together on the path to the palace of rocks and tree trunks of the king.

"Yes, of course, but do not try to lie to me, I do not waste my trust with those who do not deserve it, and you've already done a lot to lose it." the Prince answered.

"I swear, no more fairy tales, just the truth: you've already heard about my story, I've told you about the events of my life, at least those of the last year ... but I've left out some things. It will not be easy, but I promise I'll tell you everything, adding details that will seem improbable to you. " the girl continued as she pressed a handkerchief against her neck to stop the blood.

"I'm listening." Legolas replied.

"Well, you already know how I met the king, your father, you know I was sent by my parents to his tent in Dale, when your people helped us after Lake-town was set on fire by the dragon. One of us Monroses had to be present at the meeting with Bard, Gandalf and Thranduil, considering that the former Governor, my Uncle Viktor, had died the night before, my father was sick and I decided to go ..." Roswehn began.

"... and my father saw you and fell in love with you at the first glance.The thing was mutual. I already know this, Roswehn. Please, get to the point." Legolas intervened.

"... yes, anyway ... after the battle of the five armies was over, after the legions of Azog were destroyed, Dale, my kingdom, was rebuilt, under the guidance of Bard, elected new king. During those long months of reconstruction, I kept thinking of your father, I did not see him again after the battle, because he immediately returned here to Greenwood ... you had left and ..." the woman continued.

"You're telling me things that I know perfectly." Legolas said again: he, as Thranduil, had received a small amount of patience from Eru.

"... you promised to listen to me! I'll get to the point, stay calm!" she said. "... the face of your father did not want to leave my mind. After a year I asked my dad to leave Dale and come here. The excuse was that you Elves had closed the borders of the kingdom, you had interrupted business with Dale and someone had to come here and talk to you. My king Bard accepted."

Legolas listened almost without registering what she was saying. Roswehn did not have the gift of synthesis. On the other hand, he had to know what was behind that mess that the woman was bringing into their kingdom. And to know it, he had to be patient and listen her blathering all day, if necessary.

"... I realized I was hopelessly in love with Thranduil, and I would have stopped here forever ... if inside me there was not a force, an uncontrollable instinct that pushed me to leave again. Go to the West, said a voice inside me, something in my subconscious pushed me to the most extreme West, to Arnor, and... this is is the part I did not tell you. "

Legolas at that point awakened his attention.

"I set off again and ... I ended up in the Lorien. There I had the answer. " Roswehn took a breath of fresh air. Her heart was pounding, also because they were walking in the wood and Legolas walked faster than her. "Galadriel sensed that in me there was ... a sort of wicked entity, an ancient spirit, who had incarnated itself in my body and wanted to push me towards that fallen kingdom, where ..."

Legolas stopped suddenly. He looked at her as if watching a drunken man staggering along the street. Roswehn had expected unbelief and skepticism from him. She had reacted the same way when Haldir had explained Galadriel's thoughts to her. It was too absurd to simply be accepted.