Hidden hero

"Evil never sleeps."

Radagast, Roswehn and Thranduil observed the vast panorama of the Wooden Realm from above. A large platform in the middle of the branches was built to allow the King to control his vast territory.
It was like the one that stood around the residence of Celeborn and Galadriel, in Lórien, but it was not surrounded by the same striking lights.

"Unfortunately Morgoth will keep his promise if we do not fight him. He will not leave you alone during the night, he will wait until you surrender to him and join him in the darkness. This means, that you will be taken to Minas Morgul, in the territory of Mordor, and there you'll become a slave, waiting for your son to be born. Afterwards, your baby will be taken from your arms and raised in wickedness, plagiarized and transformed into a vindictive and unscrupulous king.
Morgoth will force your son to declare war on all Arda. " the Wizard explained, while Roswehn listened with an ashen face.

Thranduil, on the other hand, looked at his trees in silence.

"But ... Morgoth said that I too would be invested with his power ... he promised me a crown ..." Roswehn said.

Thranduil turned to look at her.
"Did you believe him?" he asked.

"Yes." the girl admitted, bowing her head in shame. "He was very persuasive."

"Don't be angry at her. Morgoth knows the weaknesses of the humans. Even the great Isildur was deceived by the power of the Ring. Let alone a naive young woman ..." Radagast murmured, then realized that Roswehn was there. Sometimes he seemed to lose touch with reality. "Oh sorry!"

Thranduil smiled. "Naive woman? ... you don't know her. I would feel sorry for those who dared antagonize her ..."

Roswehn said. "So what do I have to do, accept my fate? Carry on this pregnancy knowing that my son will be a weapon in the hands of a demon one day? Well, I'd rather give him up." She said dryly.

"Don't you dare!" Thranduil said, alarmed. "Don't even think about it."

"Did you hear what Radagast said?" she asked, pointing to the Wizard. "Our son is a danger for this Earth, should I give him life and then feel responsible for a future catastrophe? The Dragon was right, this child should be eliminated ..."

"Which Dragon?" asked Radagast. "There are no more Dragons."

"I met an Ice Dragon in the Misty Mountains. It took me to the path that led to Rivendell. It kept me a few hours prisoner and filled me with questions. In the end it let me go ... and ... it gave me a stone, a ruby, and said it was a gift for our son. " Roswehn explained.

The meeting with Radagast was bringing to light such sensational revelations that she felt the urge to tell all her adventures. Starting with the encounter with the dragon.

"This is hilarious. You mean to tell me, that you rode a Dragon?" Thranduil asked, with his typical sarcasm.

The Wizard reflected for a moment. "It is possible. It was said that Dragons used to live in the Misty Mountains. Not many, but some may have survived the great epidemics. Once they were dozens, and almost harmless, then a mysterious disease reduced their numbers. It gave you a ruby, you said? And in return what did you give him, apart from your confessions? " asked Radagast.

Roswehn answered, looking at Thranduil. "I gave him a name."

"Which name?" the old man continued.

"Oropher. I called him Oropher." she replied, her eyes still lost in those of the king.

"You ... have given a Dragon ... the name of my father?" asked Thranduil.

The woman felt a shiver all along her spine up to her neck. "It is a wonderful name, and it seemed right to me. Dragons are such powerful and noble creatures, that ..."