Pizza

Liam's expression darkened. "Seren," he said warningly.

"Is this what my life is now?" she snapped at him. "I'm just some...some pet caged in this room?"

He took a step forward and draped his jacket over a chair, Seren watching him carefully. "No. It is not. You can have all the freedom you want...once you demonstrate that you can be trusted."

She growled again, the sound nowhere near as deep as Liam's answering rumble. He didn't like the disrespect. "And how am I to do that?"

"Seren, I thought you might appreciate a day to adjust and, as you don't enjoy my presence, I decided it best I let you be." She kept her face unreadable and waiting for him to continue. "As for being trusted...trust is earned, not given. You are still a rogue and you have not accepted me as your mate. Once you do that, I could declare that you are a member of this pack, or you could willingly go through our initiation. The outcome will be the same. Join the pack or stay in here." His stony words were final. 

Anger and indignance filled her shaking body, her eyes glowing as she strained not to shift. She strode closer to him and pointed a finger at him, aware of their close proximity and setting her nerves alight. "I would rather be tied up in your basement and stay a rogue, than join your pack."

His eyes turned that dangerous shade of navy and he closed the distance between them until her finger was touching his chest so she could both feel and hear the snarl rolling out of him. "Then I guess you had better try to reject me. Go ahead, Seren. Get those words out before I sink my teeth into your pretty little neck and make you mine."

Her breath hitched and she felt rooted to the spot, unable to move. His eyes flared blue white as his wolf struggled to do exactly as he had threatened. His hand rose and slipped behind her head, her skin on fire where he touched. As if she were spellbound, she could only watch as his eyes dropped to her mouth and his head lowered, a soft growl emanating from him. She was completely dazed, every hair on end, her body screaming for him to kiss her, all of her attention focused on him. As soon as she looked down to his lips, he leaned in and pressed his to hers, more softly than she would have imagined, but still hard as if he meant to punish her. 

Lights exploded in her eyes and sparks shot down her body, awakening things in her she hadn't known existed, tugging deliciously behind her belly button as fire danced across her face and swirled within her skull, pulling her around in a torrent of sensation and tingling across her lips as he slowly pulled away. She wanted to open her eyes then, but couldn't, dragged down into a buzzing darkness. 

When she finally was able to surface and pry her eyes open, she saw a strange lady looming over her, holding a needle and a strangled cry escaped from her throat. Seren sat up and scrambled backwards, kicking the covers away, panting as she looked around the room. The only other person there was Liam, who quickly approached the bed as soon as she had yelped. She suddenly realized she was on his bed and swallowed dryly.

"Oh, you're awake!" The older lady said. "How do you feel?"

Liam said nothing, his expression guarded. Seren couldn't tell if he was worried or just didn't care. She remembered that he had kissed her, then.

"W-what happened?" 

"You fainted, dear. The name's Gloria, by the way. Alpha Liam told me that you are Seren, his mate and our new Luna!"

"Er...y-yes, my name is Seren, b-but we're not...I'm not his..." 

The look of warning in his eyes made her hesitate and turn her head back to face the kindly old and wrinkled Healer.

"I'm not in the pack," she finished.

"Well not yet, dear," she said with a knowing wink. "You two have some bonding to do first. Now, let's figure out why you fainted."