Blind

"You what?" Seren growled, looking up into the amused alpha's face. 

"I said, I'm going out, too," he replied calmly.

"I don't need a chaperone to play hide and seek with a six year old."

"I'm not going to be on your tail the whole time, I've got things to do - adult things. I don't have time to play such whimsical games. I'll be checking with the scouts and patrols. I might have Derrick or one of the twins check in on you two occasionally to make sure you aren't running off with my niece," he said wryly.

Seren's jaw dropped as her eyes narrowed in disbelief. "I would never do that to Gillie."

"No, you would just leave her if you got the chance." His eyes had turned cold. Seren could see the wall he hid his emotions behind go up and suddenly he was that brooding man again, all stiff and unforgiving. She wanted to smack him for saying that, but it was the truth wasn't it?

"Seren, I'm ready!" Gillie pipped, sailing down the banister on her stomach, feet first and wiggling off the end. Seren was going to warn her that she could get hurt doing that but Gillie pointed down to her pink shirt and tutu. "Do you like my outfit?!"

She couldn't help but smile. The girl was also wearing pink rain boots and a pink boa. She looked like a little pink marshmallow.  "I do! But aren't we going to play outside? You wanted to show me your wolf...and wolves don't wear tutus," she snickered.

"Well, of course," Gillie replied, matter-of-factly, holding out one hand and rolling her eyes. "But we have to walk all the way out to the woods to shift and I am not doing that in my undies."

Liam's frame shook with silent laughter and Seren had to turn away, lest they share a moment of happiness together. Wouldn't want the jerk getting any ideas about their relationship...

"You're totally right," Seren agreed and took her hand to step outside. "Race ya!" she said and started running ahead.

"No way!" Gillie screeched and ran at full speed, Seren slowing down somewhat to let her ahead. She glanced over her shoulder to see Mr. Emotionless Alpha striding quickly behind them, secretly worried they would get out of sight.

As soon as Gillie got to the tree line and shouted that she had won, Seren turned around and leveled her pointer finger at Liam while cocking an eyebrow, warning him to stay back while they shifted. That look also told him she would cut off his manhood if he peeked at her while naked.

YIP. YIP! YIPYIPYIP!

"Oh my! Gillie you are just beautiful! I have never seen such a pretty puppy before!" Seren said as Gillie's little black and white wolf bounced around her. "You are so shiny! But, ugh, I was sure you would be pink!"

ROOOOO!

"Okay, my turn," Seren agreed and hurried behind a tree to strip and shift, leaving her clothes in a neat pile before she popped out and play bowed her tiny friend.

SEREN, you are beautiful!!!!! Gillie screamed in her head.

Oh, you think so?She asked holding a paw out daintily.  I'm not as beautiful as Princess Gillie, that's for sure. You simply must tell me what dirt you roll in that makes your fur so soft!

Gillie's giggle was adorable.

Let's go play.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Seren took a last look at Gillie's uncle, standing with his arms crossed, which served to tighten his shirt across his chest and shoulders, as emotionless as ever and watching them closely with his cool eyes. Ignoring the rush of sensation she felt nearly every time she saw his muscles ripple, Seren ducked her head and followed the pup into the woods.