O N E ♛

Winter

Starring at the cold autumn night sky of London, as the clouds darken with rain. The chilly air seeping from the agar window, the wind gently ruffling my short curls. I wrap a blanket around my body and begin to read the book of the supernatural. With one candle as my only source of light adding to the mystery of the book, that I found in the deepest parts of the library where no one is allowed to enter.

Anticipating to find the answer for that night, I wipe the dusk of to reveal the name of the book superno. It means supernatural in Latin. The book reminded me on the night my adoptive parents told me the truth that I wasn't theirs.

I was sitting in the living room because mom and dad wanted to discuss something important with me, I thought it was just my marks but I have a feeling it's much bigger.

I sat down on the couch, my leg bouncing anxiously as I wait for them. "Come on mom, it can't be that serious. You're scaring me." I urge them to spill it out.

"Sweetheart you know we love you right." I nodded my head cautiously not knowing what to expect after. Are they kicking me out?

"I hate to say this but it's the truth and you deserve to know it, I should've told you a long time ago but I just couldn't risk losing you. We aren't your biological parents, we found you on our porch on the night of Samhain. I'm sorry I should've told you, please don't hate me." Her voice broke as tears fell down, her head bowed down in shame as she forces her sobs to subside.

"It's okay mom, I understand why you did it. But that still doesn't give you the right to hide the truth from me. I don't hate you, I'm pissed at them now if you excuse me." I ran to my room slamming the door shut.

I knock everything off my vanity, the perfume bottles shattered glass splattered all over my wood floor. I pulled at my roots, cutting my arms with my nails as hot angry tears flowed. I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror, my black curls messed up, my grey eyes glowing grey underlying a hint of red.

I punched the mirror furiously, my knuckles bloody as the glass shattered around me. My pale skin covered in a sheen of sweat and blood, I collapsed onto my knees not wincing when the glass cut my knees. The pain in my chest far more significant than the small cuts.

What have I done? Who am I? I broke down my shoulders cave in as broken sobs leave my body, tears flowed down my bloody face. My door's bursted open, the scent of cinnamon and vanilla overwhelm my senses. I instantly know it's him, he's always there for me and I love him for it. I love my brother.

"Hey, it's alright baby. I'm here, calm down angel." Samuel whispered holding me tight. My sobs got louder, my body shaking from the excessive crying.

"Shh winny, I'm here I'll never leave." I don't realize that I'm full-on sobbing. Clutching his shirt tightly, my bloody knuckles turned sickly white staining his shirt with blood.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Sammy. I didn't mean to do this, I'm sorry." My voice broke as he held me close to the warmth of his chest.

"Don't apologize winter, you haven't done anything wrong. It's going to be okay, don't worry." I don't know how long we stayed, now I'm on my bed alone. My rooms clean everything that didn't break is back in its place and the glass has been cleaned off the floor. The sun is almost at dawn so I slept for a few hours.