S I X ♛

Winter

Samuel and I leave the hospital after a week of being there, safe to say we stink. Our parents still didn't come and Sam still didn't tell them. I don't think he's planning on telling them.

We started a conversation about everything that's been happening as I drive us back home with the car Aden left for me. Thankfully Sam didn't see the little meet up between me and Kalmin. Not to forget my wings too.

"Winter I've been thinking of some stuff lately, mostly during my hospital stay." He said grimacing as he remembered the pain. His face still slightly bruised, but almost all of his other injuries are fully healed.

"Like what? You know you'll have to tell them. I don't think those bruises will fade in two day, you'll have to explain them." My wings crossed my mind but I'm pretty sure he didn't see them, unless he say them and is waiting for me to say something.

"So... how do I start... I'm moving out... with my soon to be fiance." I stared at him processing what he just said. Moving out? Fiance? What?

"Samuel are you being serious? When? Who is she? Do they know? Did mom approve of her?" I had too many questions, he never ever mentioned dating anyone.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you earlier, I was afraid you'd be sad and not support me." his voice sounded sad and afraid. I stop the car and turn to look at him, yes I'll be sad that he's leaving but I'll always support him no matter what.

"Sammy you can't be serious, you know that I'll be there for you. About being sad, you and her can visit once or twice a week so that we won't miss each other." I held his hand in mine, giving him a reassuring squeeze.

"Now that this is sorted and out of the way, I need your help to tell them." I had a feeling that was coming.

"I'll do my best and help you with anything you need. Just tell me what you need, don't forget I'm here for you. Always and forever." I get up from my seat and lean in giving him a hug.

Now lets go home, ah home sweet home how much I've missed you. The silence in the car gave my mind the space to wonder over everything. Aden. Kalmin. The book. The necklace. Max leaving. Wings. Angels. Demons.

Nothing is making sense anymore, I'm an angel. Not any angel but one with grey wings. I found myself wondering when I'll see Kalmin again, all I know is that he's up there somewhere.

I have wings why don't I go there? Aden could maybe show me the way? Kal said there's a scent of a witch around me, could it be Aden? Well he did know of my existence so... maybe just maybe.

Pulling up to our unkempt front yard, damn I have so much to do. Getting my ass out of follow Sam into the house, using the key that Aden dropped for me. I don't know how he got it since I was too drained to ask him, also got to return the car to him. Thank the lord he lives next door.

I changed into some comfy sweats and hoodie, sit on my bed and stare at the book that's calling my name. Taking hold of the book and tried to find something useful, nothing I found nothing. Frustration getting the best of me making me throw the book against the wall, and I heard something fall. Great what broke now?!

I took a look at where the book is at now beside my mirror, a little rusty key waiting for me. Walking up-to it to inspect where it came from, it looked normal. I tried to wash out the rust and it was a mini fail.