F I V E ♛

Kalmin

As I saw her leave the hospital, her steps halted just a few feet away from the forest. She collapsed falling down to her knees, her little hands cradled her face as her sobs got louder. My heart aches for her, seeing her sad and crying made me feel something I've never felt before, Heartache.

I wanted to approach her to see if I could help, something stopped me and I can't figure out what exactly. Soon I began seeing her body twist and turn in peculiar angles. When I noticed her spine reshaping, I knew that she was growing wings but how? She doesn't look below 16, at least not to me.

Her body was developing a bit too late, it'll cause her too much pain as her human bones already grew into place. Whatever it was that happened triggered the transformation, does that means she's not mundane? What is she doing here?

I felt the urge, the need, to go to her and help her at least try to ease the pain but something was rooting my body to this spot on the ground. I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

I had to watch her writhe in agony, it felt as if her pain is mine. Soon silvery wings graced her body, she tried to stand up but her wings were too heavy. As she stood her wings spread behind her, her silhouette looking angelic from where I stood in the dark forest.

Grey wings adorned her figure as they slightly trail behind her. Her short black curls contrast with her pale skin, those wings suit her well, she's like a goddess.

She truly gave an aura of power, she felt like... I don't know. That's confusing since you rarely see any angelic being here on earth unless they're on business.

It's like the restraint broke as soon as she finished her transformation, I could walk towards her now she must be terrified.

She doesn't see my face since she's on her front side, for some reason I don't say a thing. I just lift her up in the sky, as soon as she looks down I felt a scream threatening to leave her throat.

"Shh, calm down I'm not going to kill you. We don't need any mundanes seeing you with wings, now do we?" I could see the wheels turning in her head as she contemplates what to say or even better do ten feet above the ground.

" I don't care okay. I. Don't. Fucking. Care. Let me down." As she was talking a sharp buzzing filled my mind and a sharp pain spread all over my wings to my arms, involuntary letting the girl fall down, everything was in slow motion. I wanted to go get her but the pain in my wings was too much to ignore.

I could hear her voice calling for help, my goodness this girl will attract so much attention. I tuck my wings back in and let myself free-fall, maybe that'll help with the pain.

My wings spread wide behind me, by the time that time her own wings saved her. I landed softly beside her only to get yelled at.

"You little shit..." her voice slowly fades and all I could see is her luscious lips moving, until I saw her them spell out the name of a male. Samuel.

I felt something I couldn't decipher, was it envy? Envy because it wasn't my name she was saying?

"After falling nearly 30 feet down all you're saying is this, haven't you thought of what you are? Why you have wings?" My blood was boiling making my power slip through a little.