T H R E E ♛

Aden

The way she sobbed about her brothers' state made me want to hold her tight, protect her from all evil. But again, I shouldn't. I gave her my coat to ease her shivering, what was she thinking leaving the house in shorts.

"I'm so sorry for just making you take me, but thank you. Do you know how long it'll take to reach there?" Her voice barely over a whisper as she relishes the warmth.

"It's alright, I offered to take you. It'll only take thirty minutes max." I could tell she doesn't believe that but with a bit of magic everything's possible.

Her eyes sparkled with tears, I just wanted to wipe them, but I can't touch her, I shouldn't. She'll think I'm a creep, but little does she know I'm far from that.

Her exposed thigh looking so smooth, was bouncing reflecting her anxiety. I couldn't help but place my hand on her thigh, her leg stops, and sparks erupt. I wondered if she felt them, her tensed form and shivers gave it out but soon she relaxed.

We reached in no time as soon as she runs into the hospital and the nurse. The news she heard broke her down even more, she collapsed in the corridor. She weeps as her shoulders sag down, my heart aches for her.

I cradled her in my arms, held her close to my heart soon I carried her to the waiting area. She doesn't seem to notice that as she keeps on crying 'till she's too exhausted to shed anymore tears.

She's fast asleep her body lulled by exhaustion, an hour passed, and a nurse came to tell us that Samuel was out of the operation room and is transferred to his room. Winter woke up at the sound of her steps but before that she noticed she's on my lap, her body froze as reality sets in.

She snaps out of it as she realizes that her brother was in his room, so as soon as she heard her she leaped out of my lap. But before that she noticed she's on my lap, her body froze as reality sets in.

She almost broke down in tears when she saw him on the bed, looking so vulnerable with many stitches. Connected to wires and machines, I so badly didn't want her to see this but it's her brother I can't stop her.

She stayed for a while then left to see who was with him. I waited for her inside the room, she took sometime but as soon as she came he woke up. The sound of the door opening woke him up and at that winter launched herself at his body.

He winced at the contact but didn't push her away, she didn't notice it, so it pulled her back a little.

She glared at home but when she noticed his state and the pain she inflicted, she stepped away. " I'm so sorry Sammy, I didn't mean to hurt you." My angel started tearing up, Samuel moved to make space for her, so she could lay down beside him.

I barely held myself from snatching her away, they slept so peacefully even with all the machines around them.

I wanted her in my arms but not now, I remind myself each time I'm around her. My mind keeps on going to the day we first met, our eyes met, and I knew.

I went to their house as I was new to the town, and she opened the door. She was in shorts and a long-sleeved sweatshirt that smelled like a guy. She was one adorable angel, and all mine.

I want to tell her but it's a complicated situation, that'll take long to explain to her. That day she was grounded so I couldn't take her to breakfast, but I told her I'll make it up to her.

Winter's shuffling snaps me out of that daze, she turns to look at me probably wondering why I'm still here. To be honest if she asks that, I'm not sure I know that answer to it. Maybe I want to be close to her, maybe I want to keep her safe from him.