F O U R ♛

Winter

I stayed a whole week with Samuel, I couldn't bear the thought of him all alone. They're keeping him for a couple of more days, just to make sure he's alright.

It's been raining all day as much as it's comforting, it feels like the rain before a storm. I've always loved the smell of air after rain, so refreshing but this rain looks so dreary. It mirrors what I'm feeling, my head messed up and my heart all gloomy.

I turn back to check on Samuel when I saw him sleeping I left the room, curiously wondering out into the rain. As I stepped out of this cage I let go of everything, as the tears streamed down my face. My tears masked by the rain, my sobs silenced by the rustling of the trees.

After about an hour my mind was finally at ease, my heart still felt heavy. Why is that? What's happening to me? Abruptly I felt my body heat up as my back aches, the pain intensified making me double over. A screech left my lips as I felt my spine break in half, my knees gave out. I cried as my bones twisted in weird angles, getting reshaped.

I sensed someone looking at me, I fought the pain and looked around until I spotted a pair of glowing silvery eyes. They were looking into me as if they knew what I was going through, with one last snap the pain vanished.

I tried standing up only to fall from the weight on my back, turning my head to either sides of my shoulders just to be met with grey feathers.

My eyes widen in fear, a scream leaves my mouth involuntary making me slap my mouth shut. I shouldn't attract any attention because this... this is unexplainable. I rolled onto my stomach and pushed myself up. Standing felt heavy on my feet, wow I'm going insane. Ha what is this? A silhouette of huge wings cast a gloom in front on me.

A pair of strong arms lift me up in the air as black wings flap back and forth.

I looked down we must be 10 feet above the ground. A scream threatening to come out was eased when the person carrying me talked.

"Shh, calm down I'm not going to kill you. We don't need any mundanes seeing you with wings, now do we?" His voice deep and low, it held darkness to it and his words cut through me like an edge of a sharp knife. Mundanes?! Well I thought I was one until recently all my suspicions have been confirmed.

"I don't care okay? I. Don't. Fucking. Care. Now let me go."  Within seconds of me saying that, he let go of me as I fell through the clouds. My screams mixing with the sound of thunder, trashing around trying to hold onto nothing.

Falling straight down I saw that I'm nearing the ground, my heart thundering. "Hey you, help me!" I yelled loudly only for my voice to echo and got no response. I was less than 10 feet above the ground.

I thought of using my wings but it's not working, I shut my eyes too afraid to look at my death. Just before hitting the ground my wings spread open cutting through thin air, stopping my fall. My back erect with my wings fluttering by my side, as my legs dangle not knowing how to go down.

That mysterious guy appears in front of me, his obsidian feathered wings spread behind him tuck into his back. As my shock wears off my anger is pronounced, ooh how much I want to slap him. "You little shit , you told me not to worry and calm down then left me to fall into thin air!! What if I died how would you explain it?! Oh my god I could've died, and never get to see Samuel again!" I started panicking fearing my awaited death.