T W O ♛

Winter

As a child you don't really question life, but as I grew up the whispers got louder clearer. I started noticing the difference. Both of my parents are slick blond with forest green eyes, even my brother has the same hair color except the eyes. His are hazel but I'm completely different, I have her black hair with bouncy ringlets and grey eyes. The only similarity is our skin tone, I'm just a bit paler.

My brother Samuel and I are inseparable, we are the closest pair of siblings. Yet we are not really blood related, my adoptive parents broke the news for me when I was 16 and that was two years ago. I was in despair at the same time livid, how could they abandon a baby in front of some strangers' house?! That day I remember running up to my room and slamming the door shut. I wash my face looking at the mirror, I found my eyes glowing with a hint of red. As if fire itself ignited in my eyes, Samuel barged into the room looking for me. My adoptive parents didn't, they probably didn't notice my eyes changing colors.

It's not their fault, at least they took you in and gave you love. I try calming down to see if it helps the glowing eyes. My eyes dim a fraction, but the red tint is still there. I hope they didn't see them, or else I'll be thrown out of the house.

From that day on I've been searching for answers, all I got was creepy stares from the librarian and people calling me freak. But I stumbled across a book that I found in the restricted area of the library about the supernatural, I might not believe they exist but that doesn't mean they couldn't.

I still haven't read that book yet, I plan on reading it today. It's literally the night of Halloween and I'm reading a book about the supernatural. What a coincidence, the book appeared recently and not years ago. It's like someone masked the books from my sight.

I went through the pages, I tried matching what happened to me but nada. I check the book again and I noticed that someone tore a section from the book. But when I matched the missing pages with the index, that section did not exist, it wasn't even there?! Now why would anyone do that? Who's trying to hide something?

What happened a few years ago was repeated when I fought with my boyfriend. I remember the fight.

I saw Maddie's face turn from being happy to surprised when she saw Julian, my boyfriend. Then a look of recognition crossed her face, oh no I thought they have a past together.

"Maddie this is Julian my boyfriend." I thought this was their first official time meeting but oh how wrong I was.

"Hey it's nice to meet you after hearing about you for so long!" The cheerfulness of Maddie sounded fake which is never the case with her somethings up.

Julian was a bit touchy he had his arms wrapped around the low part of her back, just hovering above her ass. They hugged for what seemed like forever.

"Please tell me you didn't hook up haha." I was just joking around but when I saw her face turn shameful and sad. I knew this is no joke.

"Oh guys it's okay, it was in the past before our relationship." They still didn't look me in the eye. That's when shit went down.

"So you were banging my best friend?! Really her?! It had to be her out of all people, never thought you'd stoop that low." My face scrunched with disgust.