Chapter 4: Venting to Rafa

BEFORE I START, I'M SO EXCITED TO PUT RAFA IN THIS STORY EEEEEEEE.

OKAY, I'LL START NOW. UwU
-----------●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●--------------

   I woke up on my couch after a fulfilling sleep, rubbing my eyes. I had slept on the couch that night as to not disturb the sleeping Luca, and boy, that couch was uncomfortable. But I still managed to sleep on it.

   I yawned and rubbed my sore back, (the couch had caused the soreness,) looking at the time.

   7:30.

   Huh.., I thought. Luca should be up by now...

   My eyes came to rest on the coffee table, and there was a sticky note attached to it.

   I ripped it from the table, reading the words afterwards.

   It read:

   Dear (Y/N),

   Jalene and I went to get coffee. I'll be back around 9:30. Love you.

   -Luca ♡

   I felt my lips press together to form a thin line. Luca and Jalene were spending a lot of time together...so much so that it was starting to get suspicious.

   Were they--?

   I tried to shake that thought from my mind. After all, I had spent a lot of time with Daveed, and we were nothing but best friends. The situations weren't that different from each other.

   Yeah, but not that much time, I found myself thinking. And I never talked about Daveed constantly. Well, if they are together behind my and Daveed's back, I guess we can consider ourselves even.

   I forced myself to snap out of that mindset. They were just close friends, and nothing more.

   I sighed, suddenly feeling an urge to talk to someone about this whole situation.

   Hm...who should it be..? I asked myself, looking up at my ceiling. It helped me think.

   Mom..? No...Dad? Definitely not...who should I ask? I thought.

   Then my face lit up as I thought of the perfect person.

   Rafa!

   He doesn't judge, but he doesn't act like everything's good and rainbow-filled.

   I had been friends with Rafa for a while, too. I had met him in second grade when Daveed introduced us.

   I smiled, recalling the day...

   ~Flashback that is brought to you by young Daveed!~

   I was sitting in my front yard, humming a tune and plucking grass out of the earth. I apparently hated grass.

   While I was doing this somehow entertaining act, I heard a familiar voice call my name.

   "Hey, (Y/N)!"

   I turned around, and Daveed was running towards me with an unknown boy holding his hand.

   (By the way, Daveed and I lived really close to each other back then, so he could pop my personal bubble any time he wanted.)

   "Hey, Dav!" I smiled, turning to face him. "Who's this?" I pointed to the unknown boy.

   Daveed was in my front yard now, and he seemed a bit out of breath as he reached me. "I...I'm glad you asked!" he panted, smiling excitedly. He let go of the boy's hand and gestured to him. "This is Rafael Casal! I met him at the park a few weeks ago, and he's gonna join our class after spring break!"