Chapter 17: Welcome To The World, Sadie

The two months after the day I spent with Daveed and Reneè went by in a blur. A blur of excitedly/nervously awaiting the arrival of my child, Sadie Diggs.

   So yeah, two months had passed, and Sadie was set to arrive at any minute. My stomach had gotten even bigger (which was very surprising), so it was now the size of an elephant. I began to want to do nothing but stuff my face with Doritos and binge-watch "Black-ish" (Daveed was in it, okay? I liked intentionally playing the episodes with him in it in front of him, since he usually gets uncomfortable when people watch a show with him in it around him).

   So, after a long day of doing nothing but what I listed above, I slipped into my pjs and slid into bed. I rested a hand on my stomach, a small smile crossing my face as I felt Sadie kick. She was probably getting tired of being trapped in such a small space. Can you imagine that? That must suck.

   I wished Sadie a comfortable night, despite being trapped in my stomach, shutting my light off as I snuggled with my pillow.

   I shut my eyes, and right as I was about to fall asleep, I heard footsteps make their merry way into my room. Well, my and Daveed's room, but I liked to think that such an amazing room with such a comfortable bed was all mine.

   I opened my eyes and looked up, and Daveed was slipping into our bed, dressed in pajamas that had snowmen on them, despite winter being well over. It was June. June 20th. (I found out I was pregnant in September, 2016. Time flies, don't it?)

   I raised an eyebrow. "How are you not hot?" I asked, scooching over a bit so that Daveed could have more room to sleep. See how generous I am? Giving my boyfriend so much space when I could easily hog the bed? Daveed is so lucky to have me.

   A smirk made its way onto Daveed's face, and I knew just by his expression that he was gonna make a cheesy joke.

   Unfortunately, I was right. "Oh, trust me, darling~ I am~" he purred.

   I rolled my eyes, a smile on my face. "Well, I can't really argue with that..."

   Daveed chuckled and decided that he didn't want to take advantage of the space I had given him; he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him.

   With a smile, I rested my head on his chest. I felt my body slowly start to heat up from all of the body heat I was receiving. The blankets probably didn't help, either. But I didn't mind.

   After a minute or two, I felt Daveed's breathing become very slow and very relaxed. I could tell he was sleeping.

   He was lucky. I wasn't able to fall asleep that quickly.

   I looked up at his sleeping face. I sighed, knowing that seeing Daveed sleep is the closest you could get to seeing God.

   About ten minutes passed, and my eyelids were becoming heavy. I let them close, and I was out like a light. (That's one of my favorite analogies to use. :3)

***

   I woke up at around 2:30 in the morning to my throat being extremely dry. I needed some water.

   I wormed my way out of Daveed's grip, careful not to wake the bab as I did so. I then quietly went into the kitchen and got an empty glass. I put it against the fridge's water dispenser thing, waiting for the glass to fill.

   After a few seconds, the glase was full. I took it off the dispenser button thing and brought the glass to my lips, taking a few sips. I put the cup down to stretch (why? Because I'm allowed to, damn it), but as soon as the stretch was over, something happened...