Chapter 9: Perfect

It had been a few days since Daveed and I had...connected, per say. And what a wonderful first time that was. Ever since then, things were perfect between Daveed and I. We were acting like normal lovers. Things weren't awkward anymore.

   There was one thing that was a bit unsettling, though. Daveed and I hadn't heard anything from Jalene ever since the night Daveed told her the truth. Which made me nervous that she was babbling to the press about what we had done.

   "Darling, it'll be fine," Daveed had said when I had brought it up to him. "Even if she does, I don't care what they or what anyone thinks of us."

   I woke up from a deep sleep, feeling rejuvenated and ready for anything. I looked to my right, and Daveed wasn't next to me, which obviously meant that he was up already. We had felt that sleeping next to each other wouldn't be so wrong anymore.

   I sat up, and I immediately longed to be laying down once again. I looked at the alarm clock that was on our nightstand, and it was 12:30.

   Wow. I guess I was really tired, I thought. I never sleep until 12:30.

   I rubbed my eyes, fighting the urge to go back to sleep. The day was already about half-over for me, and I needed to get a move on.

   I shut my door so that I could get changed. Decency and all that.

   I changed into a "Hamilton" T-shirt that I had recently obtained (is it a crime that I like to support my boyfriend's work?), skinny jeans, and  raccoon socks, since my feet were kinda cold.

   And then I made my way into the living room, not caring that my hair looked like a nest for two robins.

   And there sat Daveed and Rafa (who I didn't even know was coming over, but I didn't mind that he was), playing the infamous board game known as "Trouble." Daveed was hanging his head in defeat, while Rafa was throwing his hands up in victory.

   Of course he had won. He was a fucking prodigy at that game. He could beat anyone at any time. Which was weird, considering that game is based on luck.

   "Get recked, bitch!" Rafa whooped, flipping the "Trouble" board.

   The board flew across the room, pieces of the game scattering across the floor.

   Because the floor was wood, Soccer heard the commotion of the plastic hitting the ground, so him, being the bundle of energy that he was, Soniced into the room and began playing with the pieces.

   Rafa and Daveed looked over at the happy Soccer, which, in turn, made me visible to their eyes. Daveed smirked. "Morning, sleepyhead."

   I rolled my eyes, sitting down on the floor next to Daveed and Rafa. "Shut up."

   Rafa's eyes drifted slightly upward, and I could tell that he was staring at my Daveed-like morning hair. "Nice hair," he said, a devious smirk on his face also.

   "Shut. Up," I grumbled, smacking Rafa upside the head.

   That was my trademark thing to do to Rafa when he was annoying me.

   Daveed chuckled and looked over at Soccer, who was starting to eat the little plastic markers. "No! Soccer, drop it!" Daveed screeched.

   The doggo didn't listen. He just kept crunching on the pieces, leaving permanent teeth marks on them while doing so. At least when Soccer died, Daveed and I would have remains of the bab.

   Daveed sighed, wincing. "I really didn't wanna have to do this, Soccer..." And with that, Daveed reached into Soccer's mouth and took two saliva-covered "Trouble" pieces out of the doggo's mouth.

   I covered my eyes, not wanting to see the slimy slabs of plastic. "Ew."

   Daveed was silent as he yeeted one of the wet pieces at me.

   It bounced off my leg, and I screeched, uncovering my eyes. I glared at Daveed, who was giving me an "innocent" smile.

   I tackled Daveed to the ground.

   He fell over. "Oof!" he gasped.

   "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Rafa chanted, his eyes twinkling.

   I fake-punched Daveed in the face, giggling when he acted like I had really hurt him. "Ow! Teh pain! Teh pain!"

   Granted, his reaction wasn't very believable, but still.

   After a few more fake punches, I simply wrapped my arms around him and snuggled into him.

   Daveed chuckled and hugged me back. "Thank you for showing me mercy."

   "You're too adorable for me to not show you mercy~" I smirked.

   "Awww!" Rafa squealed. I had forgotten he was there for a minute. "I'm gonna write a fluffy fanfic of you two!"

   "Pfft. Your writing is shit, Rafa," I scoffed, getting off Daveed.

   "Is not! What about 'Blindspotting'? You didn't seem to think that was shit!" Rafa said.

   "True...but do you remember that story you made about Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings? Remember how they got married and how Thomas' wife showed up to congratulate then even after she flipped out and said that she never wanted to see him again?" I said with a smirk.

   "THAT WAS ONE BAD STORY!" Rafa pouted.

   "What about the one shipping yourself with Reneè Elise Goldsberry?" Daveed smirked. "That one wasn't necessarily bad; it was just sad that you were fantasizing about her."

   "HOW DID YOU FIND THAT?!" Rafa screeched.

   "When you went to the bathroom during one of our visits, I saw it sitting on your coffee table," Daveed explained. "That's why you should never write on paper. Or else your friend will find what you wrote and make fun of you for it."

   I laughed. Reneè was also a bean. "Awww~ Wafa wuvs Weneè~!" I said in a baby-ish voice. After a few times of chanting that, Daveed got in on it, too.

   Rafa was not enjoying it. He crossed his arms and looked away, a childish frown on his face. "I fucking hate you guys..," he growled.

   "We love you too~!" Daveed and i said in unison.

   Finally. Everything was perfect. No lovers to get in the way of who I actually wanted, no guilt of what I was hiding from my lover, nothing. Nothing even remotely bad was happening in my life right then.

   The pain of all the drama I had been involved in was gone, and all that was left was the bond of Daveed, Rafa, and I.

   And I wouldn't have it any other way.

   Everything was perfect.

Will it stay that way, though? >:3 HUEHUEHUEHUE.