Chapter 21: A Startling Discovery

My eyes fluttered open. I felt the familiar sensation of Daveed's strong arms around me as I shifted positions to look at him.

   He was already up. In fact, he was staring at me with those beautiful brown eyes of his.

   "Stalker," I mumbled jokingly, smirking.

   Daveed shrugged. "Well, it's worth being labeled as a stalker if I can look at you." He pulled me closer to him, which I didn't think was possible.

   I smiled, cuddling against him. The sound of his deep breathing began to lull me into another sleep.

   I was woken by Sadie crying.

   "Ugh," I groaned, sitting up (Daveed pet out a sigh of disappointment because of that). His arms still around me, I said to Daveed, "We should probably go calm her down."

   "Do we have to?" Daveed whined, letting go of me and sitting up also. "I'm tired. And I want cuddles."

   I rolled my eyes. "I have no time for your neediness. Sadie is crying, and it's our job to soothe her."

   Daveed groaned. "Fine. But I expect you to repay me with more cuddles later."

   Knowing that we were both probably gonna forget about that, I said, "I will. Now, let's go help our offspring."

  We both stood up and made our way to the nursery. We expected Rafa to have left a note saying that he left or something, but nope. Rafa was still there, cradling our baby and whispering lullabies to her.

   "Rafa?" I said in shock. (This isn't the startling discovery, don't worry. My life isn't that dull.)

   Rafa looked up at me tiredly. "Oh. Hey, (Y/N). You're right. Sadie's a real piece of work."

   "You're telling me?" I said with a chuckle, taking Sadie from Rafa. "Go home. You didn't have to stay this long."

   "But I wanted to!" Rafa said with a weary smile. "This is probably the first good sleep you've had in a while. And I didn't wanna cut that short."

   I looked at the time.

   10:00.

   I chuckled. "Rafa, it's 10:00. It wouldn't have been the end of the world if Sadie woke us up."

   Daveed nodded in agreement.

   Rafa sighed. "I guess you're right." He looked at me. "I hope you enjoyed your sleep."

   I smiled. "I did. And Daveed did too."

  Rafa smiled back. "That's good."

   That's when I heard my phone ding from the table it was on.

   I picked it up, Sadie still in one hand. She curiously looked down at the device I was holding, confused at what it was. I turned it on and gasped quietly.

   "What is it?" Daveed asked, peering over my shoulder.

   "A-a text f-from Luca," I stammered.

   Daveed gulped. "What does he want?"

   I shrugged, opening the text. (I always like to open it before reading it, just in case there's something I missed.) My eyes scanned the message, and boy, was it something.

   It said,

   Luca: Hey, (Y/N). I don't know how to segway into this, so I'm just gonna say it. I miss you. I want you back. I'm willing to forgive the whole thing with Daveed if you take me back. If you're with him, the offer still stands. Wouldn't you rather be with me than with him? I'm sorry for how I acted. But I'll definitely make it up to you if you just take me back.