Chapter 16: Reneè Deserves To Know

Fast forward another four months (nothing exciting happened during those months, don't worry), and my baby was due in two months. Daveed and I had decided to name her Sadie. Sadie Marie Diggs. (Has a nice ring to it, right?)

   But since Sadie was due in two months, my baby bump was about the size of a dump truck. Reneè kept wanting to hang out, since it had been so long since our last visit, but I always said no and made up some excuse. I wasn't sure I wanted to tell Reneè about my pregnancy, since she might spread it to other people or judge me. And I didn't wanna lose Reneè as a friend.

   I was scrolling through YouTube, my head on Daveed's chest. We liked to watch YouTube videos together, and this was a position we often were in to do so. A lot of (y/f/y/t) (your favorite YouTuber) videos came up. I was just about to click on one of them, since Daveed liked that particular YouTuber as well, when...

   Ding!

   My phone made its usual sound when a text message was sent to me. At the top of the screen, there sat a text from Reneè. I groaned and opened it, because it seemed pretty long.

   Daveed and I read the text in silence, and we both finished at around the same time. Basically, the text was about how we hadn't seen each other in forever and that she missed me. She also was saying how she was free today and asked if we could see each other. "She will not leave you alone, huh?" Daveed said with a chuckle.

   "No," I grumbled and began typing a response, stating that I couldn't because I had plans, which was a lie. The only plan I had was to be a complete and utter coach potato.

   Daveed read over my response, and I allowed him to. I didn't send it, in case he wanted me to change some parts of it to make it sound less harsh. He sighed. "(Y/N), you can't keep refusing her forever. She needs to find out about Sadie. She's your friend. You can't hide something this big forever. Besides, one of these days, she's just gonna show up at our house."

   "Are you crazy?" I said. "You know how hard it is for her to keep secrets! She'll spread it to everyone in the world, and--"

   "They're gonna have to find out eventually! Just like Reneè! You can't just keep your pregnant self inside this house until Sadie's born! And you also can't have her never leave the house once she is born!" Daveed said back.

   I thought about what he was saying. I sighed. "You're right. I just...I don't want everyone to hate us more than they already do."

   "I can't promise that they won't," Daveed said, playing with my hair. "But we can't change the past. What's done is done, and if people can't move on from what's been done, well...we can't control that. But I can assure you that I'll be there for you, even if the fans aren't. Besides, do you really think that Reneè would tell anyone? Or judge you?"

   I was silent, enjoying the feeling of Daveed playing with my hair. I sighed once more. "No..." I groaned. "Fine. I'll have her come over."

   Daveed nodded as I erased my old response and began typing a new one.

   And that response was:

   Me: I'm free today, too! You can come over right now, if you're available.

   I sent it, and got a response almost immediately.

   Reneè (My Mother)❤: I'm available! I'm so excited that we finally get to see each other! See you in a few!

   Me: See ya, Mom!

   Daveed smiled once our mini-conversation was over. "You just made her day," he said, picking me up off his lap and setting me down on the couch, next to him. I let out a whine of disappointment, making Daveed chuckle. "Oh, stop. We can cuddle later, okay?"

   I nodded, a bit sad that it had to be later.

   That's when someone knocked on the door, someone who I assumed was Reneè. She was quick.

   I went to the door and opened it, and....whoa! It was Reneè! I must've been able to see the future!

   "Hey, Reneè--" I began, a bit nervous on how she would react to the infant that was inflating my stomach.

   But, not even looking at my stomach, Reneè wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace.

   I squeaked in surprise and in pain, since Reneè was causing discomfort to my baby bump by hugging me so tight.

   Reneè looked confused as to why my stomach felt so big. She patted it. "(Y/N), have you been hittin' the donuts?" she asked.

   I chuckled, pulling apart. "Nope..."

   Reneè eyes felp to my stomach. And as soon as they did, she gasped. "(Y/N)! You're...you're..."

   "Pregnant, yes," I answered with a soft smile, Daveed stood up and walked over to me. He nodded, wrapping an arm around me. "Say hello to Sadie." I rested a hand on my enlarged stomach, feeling Sadie kick a little.

   Reneè was staring at Daveed and I in shock. "Is he..?" she asked, pointing to Daveed.

   I knew what she meant, despite her not finishing her sentence. "Yes," I said. "Daveed is the father."

   "Is this why you weren't able to see me?" Reneè asked.

   I nodded. "Yes. I was nervous that you would judge me and/or spread this to other people, and then they would judge me. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner."

   Reneè didn't look like she was processing a word I was saying. Her eyes lit up, and I could tell she was overjoyed to be a grandma. (Since she's my mom. Figuratively.) "I'm so happy for you guys!" she squealed. "I'm gonna be a grandma!"

   Daveed and I chuckled. "Yes you are," I said. "Do you wanna feel her?" I was referring to the kicking Sadie. I knew Reneè would want in on that action.

   Reneè nodded enthusiastically, putying a hand on my stomach. "Oh! I feel it!" she exclaimed, giggling. "Hi, Sadie! This is your grandma, Reneè! I love you so much!"

   Daveed looked at me with a smirk. "So, you were worried for nothing. As usual."

   I rolled my eyes and kicked Daveed in the shin. I didn't even do it hard, but it still seemed to hurt Daveed. "Ow!" he said, hopping on one foot. "You're so rude!"

   This just proves that men are weak as hell.

   "Uh-huh," I said sarcastically.

   "I can't wait until this lil' girl is born!" Reneè said. "I'm gonna play with her and hug her..."

   "This baby will have a third parent!" Daveed said with a small laugh. "That'll be helpful to (Y/N) and me!"

   We all laughed.

   The rest of the hangout went by in what felt like two seconds. Reneè was such a bean.

   Why did I ever doubt her?