Chapter 6: Mixed Emotions

Whooaaaa, Mona Lisa. You're guaranteed to rock this town...

   Singing calmed my nerves. And Panic! At the Disco is a dope band that was worthy of my singing.

   I remembered how Daveed told me back in 2015 that I should audition for "Hamilton," and that I would make a great Angelica. But I wasn't ready for that kind of commitment. It was a fucking Broadway musical. That would take up so much time, and I wasn't that confident in my singing.

   I continued to sing "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" as I approached Daveed's house, nervous of how Jalene would react when Daveed told her the truth about me and him.

   I stood in front of his front door, the wind blowing through my (h/l) hair as I recited the final line of the song:

   There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for...

   And with that, I raised my fist and knocked on Daveed's door. 

   Daveed opened it after a minute. "Hey, (Y/N). Wh--" But he was cut off by seeing how awful I looked. He covered his mouth with his hands, blinking repeatedly.

   I responded to his alarm with a soft smile.

   Daveed was silent for a moment. Then, he whispered, "What the fuck happened to you..?"

   I didn't know the damage Luca had done at the time, but I could feel my left eye swelling a bit. "Is it that bad..?" I asked softly.

   Daveed nodded slowly. "You have bruises all over your face...and a black eye...Now tell me. What. The. Fuck. Happened?"

   I sighed. "I had Rafael come over, since I needed to vent to someone about this whole situation. And he said I should tell Luca about my feelings for you so that I could be with the one I wanted to be with. So when Rafa left, I told Luca, and he kicked me. Punched me. Called me a whore..."

   During my story, I started to get emotional. Tears began to fall down my face. "A-and...I was so scared...I shouldn't have told him, Dav...E-everything hurts..."

   Without hesitation, Daveed pulled me close to his chest in a comforting embrace.

   I buried my head in his chest, my tears soaking his shirt. He didn't seem to mind, though.

   Daveed began to stroke my hair, which soothed me a bit. I didn't know why I was so emotional all of a sudden, considering I was so calm a few minutes before. "Shh..," he cooed. "You're safe now...He's never gonna hurt you again, okay?"

   I nodded, not wanting to move. Daveed's embrace felt so nice...

   "(Y/N)? What happened? Are you okay?" came Jalene's voice.

   Daveed's muscles tensed; one of us was gonna have to explain this whole situation to Jalene. It was an odd feeling, his muscles tensing, since my body was essentially against his.

   I pulled apart, my bruised cheeks tear-stained. I looked up at Jalene, showing her the damage Luca did to my once beautiful (ha funny joke, (Y/N) ) face.

   Jalene gasped, concern swimming in her eyes. "Daveed, what happened to her?"

   I was a bit relieved that Jalene didn't ask me that question. Daveed was gonna have to do the heavy lifting on this one.

   Daveed sighed, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh...it's a long story..."

   "Tell me it! I want to know who did this to poor (Y/N)!"