Chapter 15: The Big Reveal

"Llamas! Llamas everywhere!" I gasped as llamas began to fall from the sky.

   I caught a baby one, and it looked up at me with demonic looking eyes. "Llaaaaammmmaaaaa," it said, sounding a bit like a zombie.

   I then yeeted it, for some reason. The llama bounced a few times before exploding.

   "(Y/N). (Y/N)! Wake up!" I heard Daveed say, waking me up from my strange dream about exploding llamas.

   I tiredly opened my eyes and looked up at Daveed, who was now shaking me. Once he saw that I was awake, he stopped shaking me. He smiled at me, making me want to pass out. His smile always hypnotized me. "Oh, good. You're awake. We have to get ready for your ultrasound. It's in an hour and a half."

   I groaned. "I should've made the appointment later," I mumbled to myself. I then pulled the blankets over my head. "I want sleeeeeep."

   Even though I couldn't see him, I knew Daveed rolled his eyes. He sighed. "I didn't wanna have to do this, but if I have to, I will."

   "Do wha--?" I started to say, but got cut off by Daveed pulling off my blanket and tickling me.

   I squealed and thrashed around wildly, laughing my little heart out. "Dav! S-stop it!"

   "Not until you get up!" Daveed said, continuing to tickle me mercilessly.

   "Okay, okay! I-I'll get up!" I laughed, tears falling from my eyes.

   Daveed nodded and stopped tickling me.

   I sat up, panting and wiping the tears from my eyes. "Ugh...that was awful..."

   "I kinda wanna keep tickling you," Daveed said with a small chuckle. "Your laugh is adorable, darling."

   I blushed. I knew that Daveed would always possess the ability to fluster me. "Ah...I don't really--" I cut myself off, deciding to just take the compliment. "Thank you, Dav."

   Daveed raised an eyebrow. "What were you gonna say?"

   I sighed. "I was gonna say that I don't really like my laugh, and that when I laugh, I end up sounding like a psychopath standing over the dead body of the person they just murdered."

   Daveed sighed, rolling his eyes. "You need to stop being so hard on yourself. Your laugh is literally my favorite sound."

   I blushed. "And yours is mine." I stood up, stretching. "Anyway, let's change the subject to something less corny."

   Daveed nodded. "Agreed. So, you excited for your ultrasound?"

   I shrugged. "To hear my baby's heartbeat? Yes. To awkwardly stare ahead while a doctor moves this thing around my stomach in silence? No."

   Daveed chuckled. "I don't blame you. That moment always seems awkward in the movies."

   "Speaking of movies," I said, rummaging in my closet for a descent outfit, "how is 'Blindspotting' coming?"

   Daveed sighed. "Ugh. Rafa and I might have to rewrite the script. The plot is all over the place."

   When Rafa told me his summary, I didn't think so. But then again, you're talking to the girl that still likes "Sesame Street". What? Elmo is a precious bean! I just never told Daveed. He would make fun of me, and I'd rather not have him do that.

   "Really? It didn't seem that bad to me," I said with a shrug. "It actually sounded pretty good."

   Daveed took an outfit out of the closet as well. "But 'pretty good' is not what Rafa and I are going for. We want this movie to be groundbreaking. A classic. Ya know?"